Baby Emerald Crab!

vaguelyreeflike

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2022
Messages
624
Reaction score
489
Location
Alberta, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found out the emerald crabs in our 125 are successfully producing offspring, who are growing! I found this little one on a rock by chance while moving stuff around. She was sitting next to a big male who i suspect snacked on some of her legs, so I moved her to a safer environment to grow. Fingers crossed that theres more!

1EA8AA2F-1DC0-41AB-9FF1-1A1DC6CD2081.jpeg
 
That's awesome. I have never had success with them. They always seem to disappear never to be seen again.
They love to hide in rocks! I rarely see my adults in this tank and it’s a miracle i found this baby tbh, I just happened to lift a rock at the right time lol. I’m excited to open my canister filter and see what’s going on in there. I have very small chitons breeding in that tank as well!
 
That's crazy. Just another example why reef tanks are so much more than just a fish tank.
Dont know what I’m doing right with this tank as it has nerites successfully breeding, chitons, endless trochus/turbo babies, and now this! Sooo exciting
 
What fish do you have?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new