Back after nearly 20 years

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I had a 55 gallon saltwater (Live rock/couple of corals/few fish/CUC) setup until we moved in 2003. Started to do some research and the technology (esp. lighting) has come so far that we are thinking about getting back into the hobby. Still just "planning" at this point but want to make sure we have the whole setup mapped out before we start purchasing.

We are considering a Red Sea Reefer XL 525 (ordered direct from Red Sea) with the following gear also ordered as a package:

2 x ReefLED 160S & Mounting Arms

2 x ReefWave

1 x REEFER Skimmer 600

Our eventual goal (after planning it out) would be to return to a reef tank with some corals, a Tang, Cleaner Shrimp, CUC, perhaps some bottom/sand moving fish (bleny?). Obviously we plan to map out the inhabitants in the early stages so we avoid any conflicts.

At this point we are in the "How much is this going to cost phase" and doing the research. The tank size/dimensions is based on a nice area of the house we have to put it in. Lots of information to digest here in the forum and I've already got lots of questions...but trying to find the answers here first (search) before making new posts/threads.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome back to the hobby and to the R2R community

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I had a 55 gallon saltwater (Live rock/couple of corals/few fish/CUC) setup until we moved in 2003. Started to do some research and the technology (esp. lighting) has come so far that we are thinking about getting back into the hobby. Still just "planning" at this point but want to make sure we have the whole setup mapped out before we start purchasing.

We are considering a Red Sea Reefer XL 525 (ordered direct from Red Sea) with the following gear also ordered as a package:

2 x ReefWave

1 x REEFER Skimmer 600

Our eventual goal (after planning it out) would be to return to a reef tank with some corals, a Tang, Cleaner Shrimp, CUC, perhaps some bottom/sand moving fish (bleny?). Obviously we plan to map out the inhabitants in the early stages so we avoid any conflicts.

At this point we are in the "How much is this going to cost phase" and doing the research. The tank size/dimensions is based on a nice area of the house we have to put it in. Lots of information to digest here in the forum and I've already got lots of questions...but trying to find the answers here first (search) before making new posts/threads.
Hello and welcome to the channel.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2 x ReefWave

1 x REEFER Skimmer 600

You came to the right place! Ask away!!
Welcome to the fishy family!
family fish GIF by Goldfish

Back