OP
Sink_or_Swim

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited to see your build. I have kept freshwater as well, and in the end it's not really that different, but it is at the same time. That probably doesn't make any sense. But a lot of freshwater knowledge transfers over. Husbandry, nitrogen cycle, etc.
That's what I figured, but it still gives me anxiety, lol! Mostly the mechanical aspects... things I'm not used to like skimmers, wave makers and such. Making sure I've got the right level of filtration. I'm just afraid I'll mess something up and kill everything. ‍

Scottayy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I figured, but it still gives me anxiety, lol! Mostly the mechanical aspects... things I'm not used to like skimmers, wave makers and such. Making sure I've got the right level of filtration. I'm just afraid I'll mess something up and kill everything. ‍
Completely understand!

You won't though. There will be a learning curve for sure, but it's not magic. Just be diligent and it'll work out great!

For me, the best way to learn anything is to just do it. If you're the same, do your research on what you want and dive in head first. :)

OP
OP
Sink_or_Swim

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely understand!

You won't though. There will be a learning curve for sure, but it's not magic. Just be diligent and it'll work out great!

For me, the best way to learn anything is to just do it. If you're the same, do your research on what you want and dive in head first. :)
Well, it's that time of year here where it's about to get really cold and we'll be indoors a lot more, so might as well jump (err, dive) right into it! Need something to keep me from going stir-crazy, lol. I keep telling myself, I've made it through issues with freshwater tanks in the past, so I can tackle anything that might happen with a saltwater tank. I think I'll make a list of the pieces I already have and have been considering for my build, and start there. I already have an idea of what I'd like in the tank stocking-wise and looks-wise... will need to find out whether it will work or not.
I just realized, my boss has a reef tank in his office - he'd be a great resource too. No idea why I didn't think about that earlier!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back