Back at it! Peroxide vrs cyanobacteria

  • Thread starter Thread starter twilliard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2015
Messages
10,333
Reaction score
8,909
Location
Central Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let you all know that after a long break from research I am back!

My next write up will be about cyanobacteria
So far with my initial testings it is looking promising!
I am waiting for my new microscope to come in to validate these current and stunning findings.
Stay tuned!
 
I'm going to put you on my list to speak at Houston next year.
This is a awesome topic to discus as many still don't know that Cyano is a Bacteria and not a algae let alone how to treat it in your tank.
 
Ya oh my my initial testings are just amazing and I feel I am on the right path!
 
1458683261873-1216569958.jpg

Here is a simple test
 
Nice! I'll be looking forward to this write up for sure :)
 
Thank you!
I am excited to pursue this further
Cyanobacteria is interesting and at the same time complex.
In the last few days I have learned a lot about it and can't wait to share with others :)
 
@brandon429 what is the maximum level of h2o2 you have found to be safe in a marine tank?
 
I dose 70 ml in a 200 gallon system regularly. I have done as much as 400 ml. Shrimp didn't take that to well. Sps browned out but as since colored back up
 
I dose 70 ml in a 200 gallon system regularly. I have done as much as 400 ml. Shrimp didn't take that to well. Sps browned out but as since colored back up
Thank you!
So far 1ml per 2 gallons is where I am at.
Without my microscope I am unable to conclude much.

Oh and I am running out of cyanobacteria!
 
I've used it for cyanobacteria, dinos, and currently for an algae outbreak. I'm spot treating to knock algae back. 70 ml twice a day. I'm positive I could be more aggressive just don't want to push it.
 
Cool can't wait for results! Thanks for doing this!
 
I promise I will have this concluded as fast as I can :)
So far h2o2 breaks cyano down in about 3 hours but I need to scope it to confirm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new