OP
bobbravo2

bobbravo2

Bob from Boston
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited you are already considering starting your build thread! I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). It's never too early
This is such a great tip, thank you! Random q: does R2R allow editing the main build thread way after the fact? I guess that's one of my 'fears' of starting the build thread too early... I remember on reefcentral / other forums that the main post would be locked for edits after a while

OP
OP
bobbravo2

bobbravo2

Bob from Boston
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to R2R and getting a new system set up, Bob!

As far as lighting, some run LED only, T5 mixed with main LED, T5 mixed with LED supplemental and T5 only. Also, there is a recent surge in MH lighting. Some are running MH only, some MH with T5 and some MH with LED supplemental bars. There are a number of recent threads about MH.
Wow! MH is experiencing a resurgence, no kidding!

Some wayback machine pictures from the early 2000s: https://web.archive.org/web/20060213020109/http://bobscomputers.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=reef

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is such a great tip, thank you! Random q: does R2R allow editing the main build thread way after the fact? I guess that's one of my 'fears' of starting the build thread too early... I remember on reefcentral / other forums that the main post would be locked for edits after a while

Topic thread description remains locked in but you can edit the posts within your thread, as much as you want, as long as YOU wrote the post. FYI there is a Unanswered Threads Sub-Forum, so IF you want to minimize who sees/comments initally on your thread, write and post your first thread (and by default the first post in the thread) and then also do the second thread. If you look at my build thread on my 60 gallon (below) I'm slowly getting around to making my sections but I did start initially going with general topics I wanted to get in my build thread... after a while I'll move beyond that but I liked having some structure.

Now, with all that said, probably the majority enjoy having people look at and comment in their thread, and there are some build threads with many MANY posts with people from all over weighing in.

Here is an exceptional build thread, and given all that Paul has contributed, it is possible a moderator updated his subject line as that tank in 2011 was coming up on its 40th BDay... but there are 404 PAGES of posts aka over 8,000 posts within:

By the way, I got his book and its the funniest aquarium related book I've ever read! Also has good info but I love to re-read it for the stories.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I’ve edited my posts a member of times. As far as I know there’s no limit time wise.And welcome to the R2R community from a fellow Boston area reefer.
7E0EE4D7-7334-441A-9E54-A510D5F63011.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back