Back in the saddle again!

Billabong

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2022
Messages
72
Reaction score
201
Location
Toms River
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, after nearly a 30 year time span I'm back starting a small 75 gallon reef. So much has changed!!! Thanks to the Internet mainly, BRS, reef2reef, and YouTube for inspiration!

So I started gathering things in November, and I'm still gathering lol.
I have an older 3 chamber sump, Sicce return pump, current orbit ice loop light, skimmer, and a few other things to get started.

I plan on a slow start lol. I mainly need help with aqua scaping as we had Fiji and Tonga LIVE rock back when and stacking was the way. I'm shooting for a NSA around 12" tall.

So I picked up a bunch of cyanoacrylate, and yes fingers are white and glued cause I can't wait to find latex gloves lol.
Even though I'm a contractor and have wet saws I started using my right and grinder with a diamond wheel to flatten pieces to be glued together. After Instant Ocean Hold Fast not holding to well I started gluing and rock dusting together. Clamped over time...

TIA for any feedback ☺️
20220323_231054.jpg
20220323_231126.jpg
16480923677204841304640587102428.jpg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
I highly recommend the sand glue method. I built this using Tidal garden’s method. Holds stronger than anything I’ve ever tried and holds in 3 seconds.

7F889326-7570-4201-B2E0-0E3FD1F1C046.jpeg




Welcome and good luck!
 
Welcome back. I love nsa they are always so interesting to look at and seem to demand your attention.
black ish appearance GIF
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new