Welcome to R2R

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
noisy Supreme mag-drive pump in a wet dry filter (gasp!),

I would say welcome but you just ripped apart 1/2 of all my equipment. :D ;Nailbiting

Just kidding. Welcome. I do currently run a wet dry on my 60, have a mag drive and Tunze is on my 180 and is really good. No matter what, we’re glad your here.

1597625270889.gif

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G’Day Mate, welcome to Oz. You are going to find reefing here a bit different to what you might have been used to in the states. Where else can you go see the beauty of the GBR (well at least the bits that are still hanging on) only to know that the few operators with licences to touch any of it, send all the best stuff back to the Yanks. But, hey, the trade goes both ways across the Pacific - we get the gear from the US (which somehow magically triples in price on the plane trip over). Don’t get me wrong, I love living on this beautiful Island at the centre of the coralverse - it’s just frustrating that a dude in Minnesota, a thousand miles from the nearest salt water, can reef so much easier than we can here. I guess it’s the challenge we love doing this down under.
No kidding, it's been insanity trying to source stuff. Finally have everything installed and up and running, but it took probably 10 or more stores (online and LFS), people who knew people who knew people, and importing some stuff directly. What a challenge!

Welcome back! I'm that dude in MN he's talking about that gets to pick up anything I need from Bulk Reef Supply a couple hours after ordering it!

I do absolutely envy all of you who can do this. Some of their videos have been quite helpful, but I just have to sort of watch knowing I can't get half of the stuff ;Drowning;Drowning;Drowning

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help.
Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...
giphy.gif

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 75.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%

Back