Back on the Scene

Inertiatic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
35
Reaction score
65
Location
Carlsbad, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I'm making a comeback onto the scene after some years. I had an account here years ago, but I only lurked. The other forum I was active in seems to have died. Happy to make this my new home.

My tank of 6.5 years blew a seam in January. Luckily I was home and was able to save all of my fish and inverts. This was kind of a blessing in disguise because my reef tank was taken over by bubble algae years ago and really discouraged me from being active in the hobby. For years my tank has just been trucking along as a fowlr in low maintenance mode, but I'm excited to take care of a reef again.

I purchased a Red Sea Reefer 250 and will be coming out with a build thread soon!
 
Welcome to R2R!
tenor (1).gif
 
Welcome!!! Great attitude about a tank failure! Looking forward tot he build thread.
 
Thanks for all of the kind words and welcoming!

Welcome!!! Great attitude about a tank failure! Looking forward tot he build thread.

Credit goes to my wife. I was ready to sell all of my fish and completely tear everything down after that fiasco. But she convinced me that we don't just get rid of our pets that we've had for years (she names every fish and invert) and now we could finally replace the "ugly" tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new