Back to reefing after 16 years.

Benny9

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2024
Messages
20
Reaction score
29
Location
Waupaca
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, getting back into the hobby after 16 years. I had a really well established 120 gal that I was forced to tear down when I moved back in 2008 and never got around to setting back up. That tank is long gone now. Couple weeks ago my now 17 year old daughter says "remember that aquarium you had when I was little?... Can we do that again?"
Well, I figured we'd start small with the 20 gal I had in the basement. Already had some gear left in a box... Like heater, some plumbing, 600gph pump...
A week later we had a brand new 60gal cube and stand. It's all filled now, just waiting for the fun to begin.
And wow have things changed in the hobby since. I feel like I'm just having to toss out everything I knew and start over! Thank goodness for this forum! Looking forward to learning all the new info!
 
gif_1690809774163_Original.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Welcome.gif
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new