Back to the hobby

SrDudley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just am getting back into the swing of things doing my reading and research prepping for my 40 gallon mixed reef breeder. My old tank was a 29 gallon mixed reef with a deep sand bed a lot of live rock no sump/refugium or skimmer running a canister filter with activated carbon with a 175w mh and 2x65 watt pc actinics. I had everything sps lps softies anemones and a maxima clam. I will be doing things differently this time using hob equipment (skimmer/refugium) my next bigger tank (when the basement is finished) will be drilled with a sump and the whole nine. Things have seemed to change quite a bit since I was last in the hobby mainly led advancements. While doing research I came across reef2reef forums and here I am. It took a little to make my thread but better late than never I suppose, maybe as things start progressing more I will make a build thread for my tank. As of now I have only sourced a tank and not ready to start setting up for a couple months just really planning everything ahead of time. I'm glad to be back in the hobby I have missed it thanks for having me!

Thanks
Stephen

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DCEB847E-2135-441C-A1F2-95C66628554D.gif

OP
OP
SrDudley

SrDudley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone! I was looking at tanks for a while before settling on the 40 breeder. I love how shallow the tank is and that it is quite wide. My aquascape I have planned in my head will be a slopping ledge/cliff style with spots for corals everywhere. I like fish but I love corals!

SaJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just am getting back into the swing of things doing my reading and research prepping for my 40 gallon mixed reef breeder. My old tank was a 29 gallon mixed reef with a deep sand bed a lot of live rock no sump/refugium or skimmer running a canister filter with activated carbon with a 175w mh and 2x65 watt pc actinics. I had everything sps lps softies anemones and a maxima clam. I will be doing things differently this time using hob equipment (skimmer/refugium) my next bigger tank (when the basement is finished) will be drilled with a sump and the whole nine. Things have seemed to change quite a bit since I was last in the hobby mainly led advancements. While doing research I came across reef2reef forums and here I am. It took a little to make my thread but better late than never I suppose, maybe as things start progressing more I will make a build thread for my tank. As of now I have only sourced a tank and not ready to start setting up for a couple months just really planning everything ahead of time. I'm glad to be back in the hobby I have missed it thanks for having me!

Thanks
Stephen
Welcome ;)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Thanks
Stephen

Hi Stephen and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Glad you are considering starting your build thread!! I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). There is no such thing as starting this too early!

This might help you find people local to you, if you are in US:

This might help you find people local to you (Uxbridge sounds UK):

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Stephen. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

Back