BackbayReef’s 450gal

Lunchtime - for the fish and their keeper!

IMG_0180.jpeg
 
I can’t seem to get the dark green from this CC Banana Hammock. Mine is very pale vs pictures online. Perhaps need ICP but chasing this color can be super tough…

Like this: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-official-poto-eye-candy-thread.1163791/post-14450140

Any ideas?

IMG_0190.jpeg
Everything else is happy though, right? If so, it could be a low PAR issue. As you know, some acros love getting blasted. Maybe contact POTO and ask what PAR they have theirs under.
 
Everything else is happy though, right? If so, it could be a low PAR issue. As you know, some acros love getting blasted. Maybe contact POTO and ask what PAR they have theirs under.
I have the colony & frags at 500+ PAR, directly under the G6 Blue and this one is at 250 PAR. Doesn’t seem to make a difference though…
 
A friend of mine hooked me up with a frag of TSA Unity - it got great PE so far. I haven’t had much luck with Tenuis so hope it will be different this time. The frag tank has better water params and no crazy fish nipping the corals!



IMG_2627.jpeg
 
Fixed a small bulkhead leak (notice the bucket) in the frag tank! I’ve swapped it out with flexible tubing so can now walk freely in the back now!

Before vs after shots



IMG_2946.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg
 
The stick-on hook to hold the MP dry side wire is pretty smart, gonna see if I have enough wire to do that.

Thanks for the strat zoa!
3D printed ones are much more stable - I have that on the other side and will print another one for this one.

Enjoy - I had to move these zoas to the mushroom tank since the Regal loves aiptasias and zoas as well.
 
🤞She's a beautiful fish !...🙂
 
🤞She's a beautiful fish !...🙂
Thanks

Well - that didn’t do well either. She was getting beat up by the Passer, which killed my Goldflake before. I got lucky and scooped the Regal out this morning and she went back to the frag tank. Happy to say that she’s doing well and eating. Guess I’m not doing that again anytime soon…
 
I've always wanted a red sea regal, just one of those all time favorite fishes. But my clam and zoas would be devoured.
Indeed - she’s my favorite, very peaceful fish as well. You’re right though, no clams or zoas will be safe!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new