Backup Pump Option

  • Thread starter Thread starter tstevens51
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tstevens51

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to purchase a backup pump but not sure how to go about it. I currently have a Cor-15 which has been fine. I do get annoyed with the Neptune equipment and wouldn’t mind getting my return pump away from the apex controller. I’m looking at the Royal Exclusiv eco 5 25 watt pump and using it as the main pump and the Cor-15 as a backup. My concern is having to redo my plumbing as the fitting are quite a bit different and then the difficulty in putting the Cor back in if needed as a backup. My Cor-15 has a 1” reducer off the 1.25” union currently. Is there an easy way to do this with unions. Or do I just buy a 2nd Cor pump and switch them out if needed.
 
Apex equipment sucks. The controller is great and they should stick to computers. You can use any pump you want with apex. Just plug it into an outlet on the EB and make it a pump in apex. Regarding pump brands, it’s hard to beat Sicce on submersibles if one is in the budget for you. If you run externally, iwaki is the best IMO.

Regarding fittings, I’ve yet to find a situation that I can’t piece together in the aisle at home depot. Just take the pump in the store with you and play around with adapters until you find what works to accomplish your goal.
 
I’m wanting to purchase a backup pump but not sure how to go about it. I currently have a Cor-15 which has been fine. I do get annoyed with the Neptune equipment and wouldn’t mind getting my return pump away from the apex controller. I’m looking at the Royal Exclusiv eco 5 25 watt pump and using it as the main pump and the Cor-15 as a backup. My concern is having to redo my plumbing as the fitting are quite a bit different and then the difficulty in putting the Cor back in if needed as a backup. My Cor-15 has a 1” reducer off the 1.25” union currently. Is there an easy way to do this with unions. Or do I just buy a 2nd Cor pump and switch them out if needed.
Sicce is very dependable as is for many - Jebao
 
If it's backup two of the same is the way to go. I wouldn't want to replumb if a return fails. That's an emergency to me so an exact duplicate is the way to go IMO

EDIT : I run 3 jebao dcp pumps. No wifi or fancy stuff tho but they are so quite and cheap enough to buy two.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new