Bacterial infection on Wrasse

bburger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am in need of help. About 3 weeks ago I lost a fairy wrasse in qt to what I thought was a bacterial infection so I started treating the rest of the fish in the quarantine tank. One of those being this leopard wrasse. Now almost three weeks later of medicating the tank I am almost certain I see a sign of the same infection again. Right now I am dosing metroplex into the water every two days. I am also every two days dosing kanaplex into the water and into the fishes food brine shrimp. What else can I do or does anyone know what this is ? I believe the infection spots are by the head where the white looking spot is and by the tail. Please help!
IMG_2451.jpeg
IMG_2450.jpeg

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am in need of help. About 3 weeks ago I lost a fairy wrasse in qt to what I thought was a bacterial infection so I started treating the rest of the fish in the quarantine tank. One of those being this leopard wrasse. Now almost three weeks later of medicating the tank I am almost certain I see a sign of the same infection again. Right now I am dosing metroplex into the water every two days. I am also every two days dosing kanaplex into the water and into the fishes food brine shrimp. What else can I do or does anyone know what this is ? I believe the infection spots are by the head where the white looking spot is and by the tail. Please help!
IMG_2451.jpeg
IMG_2450.jpeg
#fishdoctor @vetteguy53081

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMG_2451.jpeg
IMG_2450.jpeg
Metroplex is not the answer and would have to dosed precisely by weight and kanaplex has to remain as treatment and not periodically
Cant confirm its bacterial based on appearance.
How did you come to this conclusion and what signs are you seeing on fish ?
How is breathing rate?
Fish appears a little thin. What are you feeding it?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

bburger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metroplex is not the answer and would have to dosed precisely by weight and kanaplex has to remain as treatment and not periodically
Cant confirm its bacterial based on appearance.
How did you come to this conclusion and what signs are you seeing on fish ?
How is breathing rate?
Fish appears a little thin. What are you feeding it?
So I have been feeding the fish brine shrimp and kanaplex is what I mix into its food. I came to this conclusion by showing my local lfs store some photos of the last wrasse and that’s what they said.
The breathing rate was normal.
The fish only comes out once every two days and eats two times a day when he is out.
He has passed away this morning so here is some photos so I can figure out if I can save my starry blenny in QT or not.
Any help would be amazing!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry to hear
I don’t favor kanaplex with food while allowable as it’s absorbed easily by fish both internally and externally

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes quarantine and leave display fishless at least 45 days

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 166 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back