Bad advice only please!!!

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s have some fun and see how good your imagination is at the same time! This is for fun only!

What’s the best advice you could give someone for setting up a saltwater reef aquarium? (BAD ADVICE ONLY)

5CAF56A6-B206-4EA3-AC36-6C3FC10DE7AB.jpeg
don't worry about problems like apastasia or flat worms you can deal with that later down the road I mean it's like testing why do today what con b done sometime next week

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s have some fun and see how good your imagination is at the same time! This is for fun only!

What’s the best advice you could give someone for setting up a saltwater reef aquarium? (BAD ADVICE ONLY)

5CAF56A6-B206-4EA3-AC36-6C3FC10DE7AB.jpeg

You only need an undergravel filter and you'll be fine.

Rustyspokes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Kessil 360X will suffice for use on a 2 gallon pico as long as it is on the highest setting and as close to the surface of the water as possible. The addition of a strobe light is known to induce spawning (see; setting up a pico frag tank). Keeping with the 1.5 lbs per gallon rule of live rock is critical however this can be bypassed and cycling made near instantaneous when instead filled with soft corals and carefully swirling in few hand fulls of dirt. Longevity of inhabitants can be extended indefinitly by maintaining salinity above 93 ppt as it acts as a preservative.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Activated carbon is expensive, just use Kingsford easy light charcoal
You pay for carbon? Just find an ash tray (large retailers will sometimes have the large ones by the door) scoop out the ashes put in a cut up pair of pantyhose and place directly in the sump. Do not rinse. Also contains some other good stuff like potassium oxygen and even calcium. Your welcome

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You pay for carbon? Just find an ash tray (large retailers will sometimes have the large ones by the door) scoop out the ashes put in a cut up pair of pantyhose and place directly in the sump. Do not rinse. Also contains some other good stuff like potassium oxygen and even calcium. Your welcome
Ash trays? Dude you are joking that will take you weeks, now a days nobody smokes. The real treasure is in your chimney stack. Way more ash for your buck.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ash trays? Dude you are joking that will take you weeks, now a days nobody smokes. The real treasure is in your chimney stack. Way more ash for your buck.
Hey thanks did not even think about that and I will no longer have to ignore the awkward stares and the occasional pictures/videos of me digging around in the ash trays

Brycnz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to get rid of that ugly hair aglae step 1add 1 pack of of pink hair die per 10gal
Step 2 leave in tank for 15minz and then do a 20% water change with fresh water

If you would like to change the look of you fish and say you want a pink shark then skip step 2 and leave it in your tank will clear up in a day or two
This can be done with blue, black, pink any one like just not red that will KILL all Your fish

F1FFCCAD-5623-45D2-8EC0-C0FEB654A42D.jpeg

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Mantis shrimp are excellent cleanup crew and love to play with your fingers
2. Earthworms are also excellent cleanup crew, and come to the surface when they're full
3. Puffers will get along well with every fish, even very small ones
4. You need to hire a barber to trim your hair algae

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back