Balling Light Trace Elements with BRS two part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FireEMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running BRS two part with Fauna Marin Trace Elements 1,2&3. I am using 6ml of Trace 1&2 and 20ml of Trace 3 per BRS recommendations. Is that dosage right or should I be using closer to 20ml of each per gallon like it states to use for the Fauna Marin Balling Light two part? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since our Balling Light salts and the BRS mixes are different products with different levels of concentration, we cannot say if the dosage needs adjusting or not. The dosing recommendations written on the bottles assume you are using our Balling Light salts.

BRS has done their own testing and found a suitable dosage based on their findings of both products being used together.

OP
OP
FireEMT

FireEMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since our Balling Light salts and the BRS mixes are different products with different levels of concentration, we cannot say if the dosage needs adjusting or not. The dosing recommendations written on the bottles assume you are using our Balling Light salts.

BRS has done their own testing and found a suitable dosage based on their findings of both products being used together.

Thanks for the information, I am new to this but I really like the ease of your trace elements. Is there a chance of overdosing the trace elements when added to BRS two part. I've seen some people online say that they do 20ml of each per gallon of BRS two part but I don't want to chance overdoing.

I was also interested in Reef Vitality, I know that you are going to be bias to your own product but is Reef Vitality on product that you carry that you see a lot of results with. Thanks again for the quick response and if there is another product that I would be better off using beside the trace elements with BRS two part please let me know. Thanks

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you add an extra 10%, there should be no harm done. I recommend following through with the BRS dosage recommendation and giving the product enough time. Adding more will not speed up the results. ;)

In regards to Reef Vitality, this product helps corals grow quicker, improve coloration, and also reduce your nutrient levels. It is quite popular in Europe and quickly gaining recognition here in the USA. RV allows corals to become more efficient in utilizing what they consume from the water column. Being able to do this allows all corals to grow quicker and even reduce nutrients due to the increased efficiency. This is a good product to use for all types of coral and as an overall method for nutrient control.

I'd be happy to make a few product recommendations, what kinds of coral are you keeping at the moment?

OP
OP
FireEMT

FireEMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mixed tank right now but it will be SPS dominant shortly. I currently run the BRS two part with your Trace elements and I also dose Red Sea NoPox for carbon dosing. My perimeters are very stable and my No3 and Po4 are at zero with no additional GFO. I have Carbon in a reactor that I change once a month. My corals seem healthy but they aren't growing very quickly and are a little dull, I'm guessing due to the Po4 leaching from my Pukani rock in the first 2-3 months. Thanks again for the help and I would love any information you can give.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back