OP
OP
btackerman

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well - Coral Catsharks do best if they are kept in groups(3 or more). So imagine the bioload of 3 adult coral catsharks in 300-400 gallon pond.

You might be able to have a few other smaller fishes, or a small yellow/cortez round stingray or maybe a small eel - if you have a really good filtration system.
Ok so now with the large fish I have in my tank between the algea scrubber and my protein skimmer I am at an untested able level for nitrates and phosphates. I know it will prolly go up to 1 or 2 once full grown and in the system but now I have perfect levels

Krj-2501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well - carnivorous fishes such as sharks, rays, eels, groupers, & Lionfishes tend to much more messy feeders than omnivorous fishes like tangs.

So 2 or 3 adult coral catsharks could almost certainly raise the Nitrate levels to about 20-30 ppm, and the phosphates to 1-2 ppm. Still at those levels you should have a pretty healthy tank - for the fishes. The corals might be a different matter.

OP
OP
btackerman

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well - carnivorous fishes such as sharks, rays, eels, groupers, & Lionfishes tend to much more messy feeders than omnivorous fishes like tangs.

So 2 or 3 adult coral catsharks could almost certainly raise the Nitrate levels to about 20-30 ppm, and the phosphates to 1-2 ppm. Still at those levels you should have a pretty healthy tank - for the fishes. The corals might be a different matter.
Ok thank you for that I am going to see if my lfs can get me another. Took about 3 weeks for the one I had now but if it helps the. I am for it

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any updates on how this turned out? I am coral cat curious

OP
OP
btackerman

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up getting 3-4 in pvc pipes and laid them through the tank and them placed my rocks in a way that she could not squeeze through and still feel safe, I actually had to dismantle the tank and had her rehomed, I wish I still have pictures

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up getting 3-4 in pvc pipes and laid them through the tank and them placed my rocks in a way that she could not squeeze through and still feel safe, I actually had to dismantle the tank and had her rehomed, I wish I still have pictures
Why did you re home her?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back