Bamboo cat shark aquascaping

Well - Coral Catsharks do best if they are kept in groups(3 or more). So imagine the bioload of 3 adult coral catsharks in 300-400 gallon pond.

You might be able to have a few other smaller fishes, or a small yellow/cortez round stingray or maybe a small eel - if you have a really good filtration system.
Ok so now with the large fish I have in my tank between the algea scrubber and my protein skimmer I am at an untested able level for nitrates and phosphates. I know it will prolly go up to 1 or 2 once full grown and in the system but now I have perfect levels
 
Well - carnivorous fishes such as sharks, rays, eels, groupers, & Lionfishes tend to much more messy feeders than omnivorous fishes like tangs.

So 2 or 3 adult coral catsharks could almost certainly raise the Nitrate levels to about 20-30 ppm, and the phosphates to 1-2 ppm. Still at those levels you should have a pretty healthy tank - for the fishes. The corals might be a different matter.
 
Well - carnivorous fishes such as sharks, rays, eels, groupers, & Lionfishes tend to much more messy feeders than omnivorous fishes like tangs.

So 2 or 3 adult coral catsharks could almost certainly raise the Nitrate levels to about 20-30 ppm, and the phosphates to 1-2 ppm. Still at those levels you should have a pretty healthy tank - for the fishes. The corals might be a different matter.
Ok thank you for that I am going to see if my lfs can get me another. Took about 3 weeks for the one I had now but if it helps the. I am for it
 
Any updates on how this turned out? I am coral cat curious
 
So I ended up getting 3-4 in pvc pipes and laid them through the tank and them placed my rocks in a way that she could not squeeze through and still feel safe, I actually had to dismantle the tank and had her rehomed, I wish I still have pictures
 
So I ended up getting 3-4 in pvc pipes and laid them through the tank and them placed my rocks in a way that she could not squeeze through and still feel safe, I actually had to dismantle the tank and had her rehomed, I wish I still have pictures
Why did you re home her?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new