Banded Cat Shark Help

ikeasuperfan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2020
Messages
19
Reaction score
45
Location
Coachella Valley, California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I've had a banded cat shark egg a couple months and it finally hatched on its own a couple nights ago. I got ghost shrimp the next day to feed it with but it's gone into hiding and I haven't seen it since. Should I be concerned? How long can hatchlings go without eating? I'm starting to really worry :/ Thanks.

(Also, it's in a 65G. I work at a LFS that does servicing and I already know a couple tanks large enough to have it throughout its life and I was planning on keeping it around a month before bringing it in.)

71307C38-FE16-42D0-9120-D47342A61ABF.jpeg
 
Great looking shark. Maybe bury a few small pieces half way out of the sand and leave them overnight. He may come out at night to eat and prowl around. I'm waiting for a banded cat shark egg to hatch myself any day now. Someone on here can give you good advice on getting that guy to eat something though.
 
Hi all,
I've had a banded cat shark egg a couple months and it finally hatched on its own a couple nights ago. I got ghost shrimp the next day to feed it with but it's gone into hiding and I haven't seen it since. Should I be concerned? How long can hatchlings go without eating? I'm starting to really worry :/ Thanks.

(Also, it's in a 65G. I work at a LFS that does servicing and I already know a couple tanks large enough to have it throughout its life and I was planning on keeping it around a month before bringing it in.)

71307C38-FE16-42D0-9120-D47342A61ABF.jpeg
Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but that is actually a Coral catshark (Atelomycterus marmoratus), not a Banded catshark (Chiloscyllium punctatum).
 
Hi all,
I've had a banded cat shark egg a couple months and it finally hatched on its own a couple nights ago. I got ghost shrimp the next day to feed it with but it's gone into hiding and I haven't seen it since. Should I be concerned? How long can hatchlings go without eating? I'm starting to really worry :/ Thanks.

(Also, it's in a 65G. I work at a LFS that does servicing and I already know a couple tanks large enough to have it throughout its life and I was planning on keeping it around a month before bringing it in.)

71307C38-FE16-42D0-9120-D47342A61ABF.jpeg
He eat anything yet??
 
Hi all,
I've had a banded cat shark egg a couple months and it finally hatched on its own a couple nights ago. I got ghost shrimp the next day to feed it with but it's gone into hiding and I haven't seen it since. Should I be concerned? How long can hatchlings go without eating? I'm starting to really worry :/ Thanks.

(Also, it's in a 65G. I work at a LFS that does servicing and I already know a couple tanks large enough to have it throughout its life and I was planning on keeping it around a month before bringing it in.)
.
71307C38-FE16-42D0-9120-D47342A61ABF.jpeg
wiggle a small piece of shrimp or clam right at his nose if you can find him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new