Banded Cat Shark Help

ikeasuperfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I've had a banded cat shark egg a couple months and it finally hatched on its own a couple nights ago. I got ghost shrimp the next day to feed it with but it's gone into hiding and I haven't seen it since. Should I be concerned? How long can hatchlings go without eating? I'm starting to really worry :/ Thanks.

(Also, it's in a 65G. I work at a LFS that does servicing and I already know a couple tanks large enough to have it throughout its life and I was planning on keeping it around a month before bringing it in.)

71307C38-FE16-42D0-9120-D47342A61ABF.jpeg

Jcar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking shark. Maybe bury a few small pieces half way out of the sand and leave them overnight. He may come out at night to eat and prowl around. I'm waiting for a banded cat shark egg to hatch myself any day now. Someone on here can give you good advice on getting that guy to eat something though.

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I've had a banded cat shark egg a couple months and it finally hatched on its own a couple nights ago. I got ghost shrimp the next day to feed it with but it's gone into hiding and I haven't seen it since. Should I be concerned? How long can hatchlings go without eating? I'm starting to really worry :/ Thanks.

(Also, it's in a 65G. I work at a LFS that does servicing and I already know a couple tanks large enough to have it throughout its life and I was planning on keeping it around a month before bringing it in.)

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but that is actually a Coral catshark (Atelomycterus marmoratus), not a Banded catshark (Chiloscyllium punctatum).

Jcar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

He eat anything yet??

Jcar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

wiggle a small piece of shrimp or clam right at his nose if you can find him.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back