Bangaii Surprise

rfrankle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of a new tank build and had blocked out a major portion of the day today to continue my construction work. However, when checking on the fish from my old display that are in a temporary holding tank waiting for their new home to be finished, I noticed something in the overflow and what I had planned was put on hold ...

1.jpeg
2.jpeg

I've been keeping saltwater fish for a long time but this is a first for me and I'm not really sure how to proceed.

Should I put them in the sump of the temporary tank until they get bigger? It is a 75 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump. Currently the temporary tank is stocked with:

Yellow Tang
Magnificent Foxface
3 Green Chromis
Male and Female Blue Throat Trigger
2 Clowns
Pyramid Butterfly
3 Yellowtail Damsel
6 Line
Firefish
2 Pajama Cardinals
2 Dartfish
2 Chalk Bass
3 Bangaii

Or should I put them in a quarantine tank (although I don't have a lot of room for another tank for an extended period until the new tank is done)?

What do I feed them (although they have obviously made it for some period of time already on whatever got into the overflow)?

I'm curious how old are these babies likely to be right now? They are about a 3/4 of inch in size. How big should they be before moving to the display?

What other questions should I be asking (and what are the answers to those questions)?

What other information is needed to move forward?

Thanks for any help that you can offer in advance.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 62 27.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 47 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back