Banggai Cardinal pair experiences

I'm considering adding a second banggai cardinalfish to my tank. I'm wondering how well behaved they are, anyone had issues with them?
image.jpg

I don’t know but they are territorial as adults. If you get a natural he/she pair they may breed and enjoy the company. Two themes might fight til the death.
 
If you can sex them it should be fine. Two males and two females wont get along.

I’ve always had a pair, They don't do much and I’ve never had any issues with them. Although make sure you get a captive bred one because there is an incurable virus in wild caught ones.
 
If you can sex them it should be fine. Two males and two females wont get along.

I’ve always had a pair, They don't do much and I’ve never had any issues with them. Although make sure you get a captive bred one because there is an incurable virus in wild caught ones.
How can I tell male/female for them?
 
How can I tell male/female for them?
on the bottom of their abdomen they have vent things. Females will have one and males will have two. You can also tell by the dorsal fin and the males jaw but ive only been able to tell by the vents.
 
Even the captive bred ones sometimes have trouble with flakes and pellets, from what I gathered, unless they’re trained very early on. I know someone who bred them before and the key is definitely to get them on pellets early. They can’t be easily sexed for the average person, and they don’t change sex unlike your Clownfish and Angels and some other kinds of fish, so getting a pair is luck of the draw unless you know your stuff. If it works out and you get a pair, great.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new