banggai cardinalfish feeding

JustCarnage

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2025
Messages
23
Reaction score
48
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had experience getting banggai cardinalfish to eat, pellet or flake?

What did you do?
 
Some fishes just don't like flakes or pellets, its a good idea to have some frozen food on hand such as frozen mysis or brine or reef frenzy.
 
Mine will only eat frozen food. No pellets of Flakes. They are not very active Fish so don't need large amounts of food like Tangs. They will also feed nocturnally on Pods in the Water Column.
 
I've had them for years, they still snap a pellet or flake out of the water column and still spit it out immediately. Only ever seen them eat frozen.
 
I've had them for years, they still snap a pellet or flake out of the water column and still spit it out immediately. Only ever seen them eat frozen.
I’ve noticed mine do the same thing.
 
Mine eat pellets and frozen same as my pj's,could be because mine are all captive raised
 
Some fishes just don't like flakes or pellets, its a good idea to have some frozen food on hand such as frozen mysis or brine or reef frenzy.
Agreed! I feed frozen cubes that i thaw and use a turkey baster to target feed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new