Banner loading is tiresome!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's just me, or maybe my iPad is too old, but I find using this site on said iPad to be quite frustrating. I have no issues on a laptop, but on my iPad the banner/add loads take forever and I keep getting popped out of my efforts to make a post. Any suggestions, or is this just the way it is?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's just me, or maybe my iPad is too old, but I find using this site on said iPad to be quite frustrating. I have no issues on a laptop, but on my iPad the banner/add loads take forever and I keep getting popped out of my efforts to make a post. Any suggestions, or is this just the way it is?

I've noticed this on my phone. It's not our internet speed here. Other sites load fast. The banner here is slow.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Which banner?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did something to hopefully help with the speed a little. Our new site should be a lot faster.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth I have a iPad Air 2 and for the most part home page loads instantly however I have noticed a few times when the header picture takes a little longer maybe 3-4 seconds.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For what it’s worth I have a iPad Air 2 and for the most part home page loads instantly however I have noticed a few times when the header picture takes a little longer maybe 3-4 seconds.

It might be a slower advertising banner. Next time it happens please make a note of the ads in the right hand corner please! :)

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be a slower advertising banner. Next time it happens please make a note of the ads in the right hand corner please! :)

Will do Rev, I feel funny even mentioning a 3-4 second delay.. lol, I’m remembering early days of dial up and the slow agonizing wait for pages to load.. I’m talking maybe 5 minutes or more and that’s with no pictures ;)

Back