OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BBS is probably on the small side to entice most borbs unless fish is super tiny. I would try small live ghost/grass shrimp (most LFS sell them).
If really pinning himself under rocks it may be having buoyancy issues as Lionfish Lair suggested.

Well, he was swimming fine with the other two at the store.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If he comes out, is there a chance of grabbing some video? He didn't seem to have any trouble staying "down" did he? Sometimes when these guys hide or pin themselves around or under objects it's because they have decompression issues. When I bought my three, there were others in the tank that we're having the issue. If they came from the same catch, which I think they did, it shows they all handled the acent differently.

If you grab some video of him hanging about, we'll be able to tell. Once you see it and then normal behavior, it gets easier to spot.
I agree thats usually the case, another thing when i qtd my sunburst and blochy they never ate the first day or 2, then i started turning mt qt light off for feeding and that seemed to do the trick

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no lights on my tank, just the room light. the QT is in the spare bathroom, sees some activity and walk bys, but not constant traffic. and I live alone, so not too many folks around.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no lights on my tank, just the room light. the QT is in the spare bathroom, sees some activity and walk bys, but not constant traffic. and I live alone, so not too many folks around.

K, that's as perfect as it gets.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, he was swimming fine with the other two at the store.

It can be very very subtle. They will try to maintain their proper bouncy, but after awhile they get tired and it becomes more and more obvious. My borbs went right for the food, but many fish do not. Hopefully it's just that.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, got you both mixed up there. Wasn't expecting 2 answers. LOL!

Can you turn off the lights and just have ambient. Light in general can make any fish nervous when new, but borbs are also deep water fish.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, got you both mixed up there. Wasn't expecting 2 answers. LOL!

Can you turn off the lights and just have ambient. Light in general can make any fish nervous when new, but borbs are also deep water fish.

I just have the blues on and it's a small light only covering half of the tank. Should I still shut it off?

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused...... Lemme clarify what I mean. If you have a light over the tank, turn them off and use just the sun's light. If the sun beats in a window, close the blind/curtain to block it, unless that throws the room into total darkness.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do that. See if we can get him settled enough to figure out what's going on. Hopefully it's just "newness jitters".

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back