Bare bottom and sand bed in same tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fisher72
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fisher72

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
29
Reaction score
11
Location
NH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Finally took the plunge and ordered my new 72"x30" tank from Miracles. I'm thinking to go bare bottom but have some existing livestock that I hate to loose that requires sand. Anyone ever try having a 2" brace across the bottom and have sand in 1/4 of the tank? I realize I might have to vacuum sand up weekly but it might be worth it to keep some clams and wrasses.

Thoughts appreciated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new