Bare Bottom Red Sea Nano Max

1 or 2

  • 1

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 2

    Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Something else...

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    4

Jackedwyer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I’m in the middle of getting everything ready for my SPS Dominant tank and unsure what I should do... I’ve decided I want to run it bare bottom to help with the flow within such a small aquarium but I’m unsure if I should get 1 or 2 MP10’s. What do you think would be best? Would 1 be good enough for the high flow?

I’ve been in the reef game for a while but this will be my first SPS dominant tank and its very exciting :)
 
I think 2 of any powerhead is better than one, especially for sps as variable flow will help you get movement through all of the tissues.


ps Make sure to have plenty of biomedia. I highly suggest dosing a few bottles of different bacterias (such as eco balance, typical nitrifying, pns probio) as you are going to have some fun algae and bacterial blooms in a barebottom.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new