Basic Quarantine setup.....

Jobet

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2018
Messages
40
Reaction score
38
Location
NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As i research, I have come to the conclusion that i will quarantine any fish prior to entering the DT.

With that said, what is the most basic setup for quarantining new fish. I have a 28 gallon cube jbj I'm setting up. While my rock (dry pukani) is curing, I'm thinking about buying a 5 gallon tank, adding a filter and heater. Cycling it, and using that as a quarantine.

My plan is to cycle the temporary QT while the rock cures, then placing the fish in the QT while the DT cycles.

Am i on the right track? Can i use a small canister filter for the QT? All that will be in the QT is a piece of PVC pipe for the fish to hide a heater and filter. Atleast, that's what I'm thinking
 
I just use an HOB filter with some rubble in it for my QT. If the fish is sick (and dies), or I have to medicate, I throw out the rubble. 5 gallon should be fine for small fish, make sure the fish has somewhere to hide/sleep...
 
I just use an HOB filter with some rubble in it for my QT. If the fish is sick (and dies), or I have to medicate, I throw out the rubble. 5 gallon should be fine for small fish, make sure the fish has somewhere to hide/sleep...

Thank, thank you! Im well on my way, so excited :)
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new