Battery Backup Cable for VECTRA is now here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who have been waiting.....

The wait is finally over! The cables for Vectra Battery Backup are in @

http://store.ecotechmarine.com/store/vectra/vectra-pump-accessories

Battery_Backup_Booster_197x148.png

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo..... your pump doesn't work without a back up power cable huh.

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jonty - The pump after all the hype did not work with the battery backup offered for the l-1
which is what sold me on it at the beginning on the combo and to boot the high price
for the pair just seems they should honor this as a n/c for all the suckers oops I mean
fello reefers who bought it for that plan reason, Thanks for the shoulder!

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the clarity and as you state it I would have to agree with you. If you buy today do you get the right cable with the package?

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, talk about a low blow @EcoTech Marine ... $30 for something that should come standard with the back up itself? idk what happened to you guys there but when i first entered the hobby only 2 years ago you guys were leading the industry with customer service and appreciation. in that time i've sold off everything with your name on it except the vectra, which is only in place until the COR comes out. i've seen so many of your loyal customers jump ship lately. i really hope you guys wake up and realize without US there is no YOU.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jonty - The pump after all the hype did not work with the battery backup offered for the l-1
which is what sold me on it at the beginning on the combo and to boot the high price
for the pair just seems they should honor this as a n/c for all the suckers oops I mean
fello reefers who bought it for that plan reason, Thanks for the shoulder!
the compatibility for battery back up and the feed mode are what sold me. feed mode only available through ecotech (rarely) live. smh. sad.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
man, talk about a low blow @EcoTech Marine ... $30 for something that should come standard with the back up itself? idk what happened to you guys there but when i first entered the hobby only 2 years ago you guys were leading the industry with customer service and appreciation. in that time i've sold off everything with your name on it except the vectra, which is only in place until the COR comes out. i've seen so many of your loyal customers jump ship lately. i really hope you guys wake up and realize without US there is no YOU.

I see reference to the backup battery as far back as 2011. Years before the Vectra came out.
So in a effort to make their products more compatible with each other they developed a add-on that makes the backup battery work with the new pump line.
So you figure it should be free?

Last edited:

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see reference to the backup battery as far back as 2011. Years before the Vectra came out.
So in a effort to make their products more compatible with each other they developed a add-on that makes the backup battery work with the new pump line.

You mention loyal customers. When were you one?
I WAS one from the get go, started out with a hydra 26 and an mp10. Upgraded the light to a G3 pro, then a new tank, two mp40's 2 G3 pro's. Then the qd's and rms when they released, a 3rd G3 pro, then the vectra. Met them at rap NY and spoke to them about an issue with my rms, assured it would be rectified asap and pretty much pushed aside. (No one was "waiting in line" to speak to them). Had to send several emails and make a handful of phone calls to get "asap" in motion. 2.5 weeks AFTER rapny my issue still wasn't fixed. Had another issue with a light, took 3 weeks and another set of hoops to jump through... MACNA, again promised the best possible answer and not fulfilled. But whenever I ordered directly from them, paid in full, my products were sent in a timely fashion. And yes, I believe the cable should be free, two are included with it for an mpXX or radionXX. ESPECIALLY free for those who addressed it in their initial emails BEFORE they PRE-ORDERED and were assured the cable would be available SHORTLY after. Hopefully that answers your question to my temporary loyalty and why I believe it should be free to those who've already invested in it for that specific reason. Do I personally want it? No. Am I giving constructive criticism in the form of a disgruntled patron? Yes. Is that my right? Absolutely. Did I rub you the wrong way in doing so? Bummer

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I WAS one from the get go, started out with a hydra 26 and an mp10. Upgraded the light to a G3 pro, then a new tank, two mp40's 2 G3 pro's. Then the qd's and rms when they released, a 3rd G3 pro, then the vectra. Met them at rap NY and spoke to them about an issue with my rms, assured it would be rectified asap and pretty much pushed aside. (No one was "waiting in line" to speak to them). Had to send several emails and make a handful of phone calls to get "asap" in motion. 2.5 weeks AFTER rapny my issue still wasn't fixed. Had another issue with a light, took 3 weeks and another set of hoops to jump through... MACNA, again promised the best possible answer and not fulfilled. But whenever I ordered directly from them, paid in full, my products were sent in a timely fashion. And yes, I believe the cable should be free, two are included with it for an mpXX or radionXX. ESPECIALLY free for those who addressed it in their initial emails BEFORE they PRE-ORDERED and were assured the cable would be available SHORTLY after. Hopefully that answers your question to my temporary loyalty and why I believe it should be free to those who've already invested in it for that specific reason. Do I personally want it? No. Am I giving constructive criticism in the form of a disgruntled patron? Yes. Is that my right? Absolutely. Did I rub you the wrong way in doing so? Bummer

Just can't figure out why you would think it needs to be free.
You didn't rub me the wrong way.
I just think it's funny you figured you feel entitled that you should get new products for free.

Being a disgruntled ex-customer in fine. I really don't care one way or the other.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do own a battery backup? Did yours come with 2 cables to connect 2 other eco tech products?

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Do own a battery backup? Did yours come with 2 cables to connect 2 other eco tech products?
This should 100% be free to customers, they claimed its compatible with the battery backup, not to have to buy the part later on because it does not work

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just can't figure out why you would think it needs to be free.
You didn't rub me the wrong way.
I just think it's funny you figured you feel entitled that you should get new products for free.

Being a disgruntled ex-customer in fine. I really don't care one way or the other.
Sorry ment to say that to you

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys- the battery back up is an auxiliary to the pumps, not a required feature of their intended operation. Yes, they should have had the cable available from the get go at launch. My best guess is they were in an arms race to get the Vectra to market before the COR, which forced them to push the launch before some accessories were ready to ship.

They had to develop a technology to utilize a battery backup that precedes the vectra by YEARS to meet our needs. If this were any other technology or industry they would not have gone to the trouble. Further more, why up the price of the battery back up to accommodate the vectra power cord when others may only have use for this backup on their vortechs.

You get what you pay for in this industry. The concept of integrating a battery back up for DC pumps would not exist prior to Ecotech's innovation. Even today, there are no integrated solutions that can run multiple types of devices on the market.

fyi I own both apex and ecotech products and integrating the two has been a non issue.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys- the battery back up is an auxiliary to the pumps, not a required feature of their intended operation. Yes, they should have had the cable available from the get go at launch. My best guess is they were in an arms race to get the Vectra to market before the COR, which forced them to push the launch before some accessories were ready to ship.

They had to develop a technology to utilize a battery backup that precedes the vectra by YEARS to meet our needs. If this were any other technology or industry they would not have gone to the trouble. Further more, why up the price of the battery back up to accommodate the vectra power cord when others may only have use for this backup on their vortechs.

You get what you pay for in this industry. The concept of integrating a battery back up for DC pumps would not exist prior to Ecotech's innovation. Even today, there are no integrated solutions that can run multiple types of devices on the market.

fyi I own both apex and ecotech products and integrating the two has been a non issue.
Sweet! How did you incorporate feed mode to trickle the flow on the vectra so it doesn't cause a back siphon?

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use ecosmart live or hit the mode button to imitate a feed mode as I have two vortechs and the vectra for my flow solution. Even if you had other brands of pumps is it really that difficult to initiate feed mode for the apex and hit one more button for the vortechs?

Even if i had apex turn off my outlets for the vectra as part of a feed mode cycle I have check valves on my returns that instantly close and prevents this. In the event that those fail there is lots of room in my sump to hold the excess water.

I get that a lot of people go crazy with the automation and it can be difficult to set automatic feedings with the vectra. That said, I do see an opportunity for ecosmart live to integrate feed mode schedules that would be a great workaround in conjunction to APEX feed modes and/or stand alone automatic feeders etc.

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you properly calibrate the vectra it will trickle when you enter feed mode, if that is what you are asking. Sorry if I didn't address your question correctly.

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes when this is and was the selling feature of the pumps before they had the correct wire. (Battery Backup) below. so Yes!

this is the main & only reason I bought it was for the battery backup mode.

upload_2016-4-14_11-29-34.png

Back