Battery Backup Cable for VECTRA is now here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Do own a battery backup? Did yours come with 2 cables to connect 2 other eco tech products?
No, I didn't feel the need to.

But I still stand by my statement.
I think you are out of line asking for free products from a company just because you bought into the line.
The battery backup was developed for the VorTech pumps, long before the Vectra and now Ecotech has made it possible to use with the Vectras.

That's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It doesnt matter how much money the part is and Its not asking for free products. More then 60% of the people and about 90% of all my friends bought the vectra because it was so called "compatible" with the battery backup. Its never ben at all compatible untill now. They shouldve from the beginning said that the battery backup doesnt work. instead of every single person that owned the pump make a complaint. They issued a product either knowing it did not work or they just never tested it. Then to top it all off, because its not working or so called "compatible", you now have to buy the part? I dont kno man, i was talkin about this the other day and its wrong, especially for the loyal existing customers

Last edited:

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is my thought. The planning and development on this pump has been on going for a looong time. The market and it's competition forced their hand to get their product on the market. The link cable and other accessories are just that, "accessories," to compliment the actual role of the pump, which is simply to move water. I would think based on all the R&D done on the pump, under their release timeline originally, these accessories would have been released at the same time. This is a small industry and if you owned a company like ecotech im sure you would do the same thing to ensure you have the opportunity to compete on the market after a large investment in time and money to develop this product

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll be accused of being partial because EcoTech is a sponsor here but I don't have a problem with them charging for the chord. The pump is compatible you just need this cable. IMHO...

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It doesnt matter how much money the part is and Its not asking for free products. More then 60% of the people and about 90% of all my friends bought the vectra because it was so called "compatible" with the battery backup. Its never ben at all compatible untill now. They shouldve from the beginning said that the battery backup doesnt work. instead of every single person that owned the pump make a complaint. They issued a product either knowing it did not work or they just never tested it. Then to top it all off, because its not working or so called "compatible", you now have to buy the part? I dont kno man, i was talkin about this the other day and its wrong, especially for the loyal existing customers

If you feel so strongly about it, why not take it up with EcoTech directly.
Not just post a something on a reefing forum, but actually call them. See what they say.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not just post a something on a reefing forum, but actually call them. See what they say.
I've tried and tried. Unanswered emails, unreturned voice mails... It takes a lot to have me wash my hands of something. But they seem to have succeeded in that as well.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I dont feel strongly at all about it, i ditched echotech equipment about 2 years ago, i have nothing to talk to them about and why would i? Everyone that spends alot of money in this hobby are crazy crazy neat redundancy freaks, and almost everyone that ive seen and known off bought the vectra because they have hundreds of dollars invested in battery backups for it. Im not complaining or giving a thumbs down as i would buy it also if i needed it. Its just wrong, like i said, they fed out the pump either knowing the battery backup didnt work or they never tested it. So theres no reason to why they wouldnt give their existing customers the cable, it was advertised for it. If half those people knew that they wouldnt have bought it plain and simple

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone that spends alot of money in this hobby are crazy crazy neat redundancy freaks, and almost everyone that ive seen and known off bought the vectra because they have hundreds of dollars invested in battery backups for it

Not true sir.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I dont feel strongly at all about it, i ditched echotech equipment about 2 years ago, i have nothing to talk to them about and why would i? Everyone that spends alot of money in this hobby are crazy crazy neat redundancy freaks, and almost everyone that ive seen and known off bought the vectra because they have hundreds of dollars invested in battery backups for it. Im not complaining or giving a thumbs down as i would buy it also if i needed it. Its just wrong, like i said, they fed out the pump either knowing the battery backup didnt work or they never tested it. So theres no reason to why they wouldnt give their existing customers the cable, it was advertised for it. If half those people knew that they wouldnt have bought it plain and simple

No I disagree. The Vectras works fine. The Battery backup has worked fine for years for what it was intended for.
As far as the cable.
Is it just a cable?
I'm seeing it advertised as a booster to the backup battery.
I don't know if it's a play on words or what.

I just think it's funny how some seem to think what ever it is should be free.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who have been waiting.....

The wait is finally over! The cables for Vectra Battery Backup are in @

http://store.ecotechmarine.com/store/vectra/vectra-pump-accessories

Battery_Backup_Booster_197x148.png
I have my Vectra connected to my battery backup with the cable from the VorTechs....bad? seems to work fine

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've tried and tried. Unanswered emails, unreturned voice mails... It takes a lot to have me wash my hands of something. But they seem to have succeeded in that as well.

I decided to edit my response because it was leading no where.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with EcoTech support and their products.

I only respond to show others that some of us do have good experience with EcoTech.

Last edited:

imjedi76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Vectra connected to my battery backup with the cable from the VorTechs....bad? seems to work fine

If you use the same cable that was meant for the vortech, all it does is power on the controller. Your pump won't work. I am guessing the cable doesn't output enough voltage to power the pump. That's basically what the "booster" part is. I agree with everyone's argument here, however I think its a bit overpriced to pay $30 for a "booster". The cable should be no more than $20.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just my experience... I bought the Vectra for my new build for pretty much every reason EXCEPT the battery back up part.
My backup runs my vortechs. I don't see the need to run the return pump if the powerheads are running.
If power is going to be out for more than several hours it's time to bring out the gas genny.

go29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting conversation going on here, I would like to add my opinion.

As a ecotech product user since the release of the original vortech I can say I for one am disappointed in how this issue is being handled. I don't think it is about "asking for free products" @mfinn its in how they have advertised their product. I am in the market for a new return pump, and if I go off just their and all distributors of their products websites, it stated that these pumps were compatible with the battery backup. They later added that you needed an accessory, which until yesterday was NOT available.

To me this isn't a question on the price of the cable, its really in the fact that they were misleading stating it was able to be run off the battery backup in the beginning, when in reality it was not. Im happy with their products for the most part, but feel that the people who bought the vectra at release should have been given the cable free, while those of us (myself) that don't have it yet, should purchase it as we now know you need the cable to use it.

Last edited:

Danny1496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extra everything .Radion's and mp drives work with apex wxm and vectra no go this is stupid are they going to charge us for the update to make it work with the wxm also . Sorry but I just expend 2500$ in Eco tech and I don't feel like I got what I paid for

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting conversation going on here, I would like to add my opinion.

As a ecotech product user since the release of the original vortech I can say I for one am disappointed in how this issue is being handled. I don't think it is about "asking for free products" @mfinn its in how they have advertised their product. I am in the market for a new return pump, and if I go off just their and all distributors of their products websites, it stated that these pumps were compatible with the battery backup. They later added that you needed an accessory, which until yesterday was NOT available.

To me this isn't a question on the price of the cable, its really in the fact that they were misleading stating it was able to be run off the battery backup in the beginning, when in reality it was not. Im happy with their products for the most part, but feel that the people who bought the vectra at release should have been given the cable free, while those of us (myself) that don't have it yet, should purchase it as we now know you need the cable to use it.
Thank you. That's exactly what I was trying to say. I never knocked their product, just the lack of essential components to provide the smooth operation we've paid top dollar for.

BigMack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes when this is and was the selling feature of the pumps before they had the correct wire. (Battery Backup) below. so Yes!

this is the main & only reason I bought it was for the battery backup mode.

upload_2016-4-14_11-29-34.png
Says compatible... and it IS... If I plug the accessory cable into the backup, it works... seems to me they delivered on the promise. What if the mentioned battery backup accessory was a completely new product? Should that have been free as well? Just because you're a consumer of a product, it doesn't grant special privilege. As for customer service - I have never experienced anything other than stellar customer service... of course, when I contact them I have completely reasonable expectations of the results, your mileage may vary...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back