Battery backup for Jebao wavemakers

  • Thread starter Thread starter lost66
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lost66

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2019
Messages
413
Reaction score
277
Location
Fuquay Varina, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I lost power for few hours and that was a trigger to think about batter backup for my Jebao wave makers. I have 2 SOW-8 wavemakers and SCP-150 (gyro style wavemaker). I think, in emergency situation SCP-150 is enough to support live in my tank. Maximum power consumption for this unit is 55W but I run it on 40% or something like that so around 20-30W?

I wonder what are my options to run it for at least 1-2 days. What do you guys use for battery backup?

I know there is DIY route and solutions such as coralbox. Coralbox is quite expensive and it's not available everywhere. When I google it some stores which I don't know and don't trust shows up. DIY route is interesting but in terms of electricity what I know it kills so I don't touch it very often.

Any links or tutorials step by step what I can do?
 
first up is my Battery backup solution. the base unit is an APC Smart 750 that had dead batteries in it. I ended up drilling an access hole in the side and adding inlet and outlet fans for the electronics on the sides. I used a Anderson Style connector to connect my UPS to my large battery packs. The battery's i purchased was 2x Weize 55AH 12v SLA batteries. This should give me almost 8x the stock run time. this should be up to 6 hours of run time, which isnt enough to go out and buy a Generator if need be!
ijDYzHJ.jpeg

6KaQ0qh.jpeg


This is from my build log. The wattage I use for my 2 mp40's (30%) and my sdc 6.0 (60%) is right around 100w.

You arent going to get days out of a UPS. For me I have 6 hours to run out and buy a generator lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new