Battlebox sharing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple top down picture updates.

93214eebf9f1d5d9fc320928d916fb22.jpg

Paletta pink tip. One of my bucket list pieces in the hobby. Don’t know why. It relatively cheap, easy to come by, but I just don’t see it in people’s tank anymore. I hear it’s difficult to keep the pink tips but they tend to do well for me, in all my neglect of the tank. It’s been fragged once accidentally, and once more intentionally to share. It really has gotten fluffy and branchey where I fragged it before so I still consider snipping the remaining tips to see if they follow suit. I just hate cutting pieces until they get at least the size of softball or so.

6cf9e200f290c418cce52ca2edb480a8.jpg

Raging bull. This one is a strange one for me. I can’t tell remotely what species it is. It has a growth form I’ve never seen before. It seems like a lower light acro maybe deeper water. Almost like a smooth skin. But I can’t tell. It’s a remarkably slow grower but the color is interesting. Adam! Let’s see some mother colony pics of this one. I’ve not seen anyone else post that they’ve received it in a pack. Mine is the only record I can seem to find of it.

I’ll post a couple more later

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a couple more

be148bb4364a08ca01e8b59b5328460c.jpg

Orange fury. Really struggling with this one. Since it’s an aquaculture piece I’m going to give it some commitment but I cannot figure out how to get color out of it for the life of me. It’s soooooo furry you can’t see much of the skeleton and where you can it’s white. It’s obviously growing very well. Encrusting. Branching. And the PE is out of this world. But at the end of the day it remains a brownie for me.

fbe2a026228e4c69591216f3f8fb7dd9.jpg

Greg c acroberry. Love the chunky branches this one gets. It’s growing well, and the pe is fantastic. It’s looking more and more like representative pics I’ve looked up. I’ll have to frag it soon as it is about 1 cm from making contact with nick’s purple passion

ba46fddeec02317586de767e8ae79965.jpg

Ol Blue Prostrata. Pictures of this one are amazing from long ago when Adam did a write up of it. He said it was dormant for him for a long long time so I expected it to be a slow grower but it is popping out branches left and right. I have it right next to a sunset Millie and the colors complement each other so well

Mjrjj23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My entire tank is battlecorals just about. Adam is the BEST! Now only if I can send Adam pics and he can re identify them for me. I even have all the names but its difficult to id 20 corals after all mixed up hahah

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing these battleboxes makes me want to pull the trigger now, but I must show patience. Adam, @Battlecorals, I plan on getting a 4 piece battlebox to test my tank, after that I plan on dropping some serious coin on a battlebox, say the $1000.00 box. I figure I can place roughly 15 frags in my tank and allow them to really grow out. The big box is 15 to 25 frags, can I just request 12 or so frags, maybe the frags can be even bigger than you already seem to send out, as many people say you already send out big frags.

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really is a massive difference in takeoff tome between a 1-2” multi branch encrusted frag, and a 1/8” fresh cut on a brand new plug. I can’t over state that enough. I guess some people get a kick out of growing a colony from a single polyp, or people just purchase a and continually nip new buds as they pop up, selling 2-3 polyp frags locally. I think half this hobby now is people buying specimens that size just to brag that they own it. I’m not about that life.

I want a tank full of colonies to enjoy watching my fish swim amongst, and seeing the polyps whip around in the flow like a wheat field.

Only time I cut frags is if I’m strapped for play money and want a few bucks quick, or if I need to manage space warfare.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really is a massive difference in takeoff tome between a 1-2” multi branch encrusted frag, and a 1/8” fresh cut on a brand new plug. I can’t over state that enough. I guess some people get a kick out of growing a colony from a single polyp, or people just purchase a and continually nip new buds as they pop up, selling 2-3 polyp frags locally. I think half this hobby now is people buying specimens that size just to brag that they own it. I’m not about that life.

I want a tank full of colonies to enjoy watching my fish swim amongst, and seeing the polyps whip around in the flow like a wheat field.

Only time I cut frags is if I’m strapped for play money and want a few bucks quick, or if I need to manage space warfare.
That's why I don't want to jam pack my tank with frags. I want them to truly grow out and take their natural form. I want to see how big I can grow them. As far as fragging, I don't really care about that, don't want the stress and really wouldn't know where to start.

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I don't want to jam pack my tank with frags. I want them to truly grow out and take their natural form. I want to see how big I can grow them. As far as fragging, I don't really care about that, don't want the stress and really wouldn't know where to start.

I’d say in the realm of ordering aquaculture corals, the two best value places you can possibly go with are Battlecorals and Ora. The size pieces per dollar you pay absolutely cannot be beat. Those two are best suited for people who want to grow colonies, rather than treat corals like trading cards. Cannot recommend highly enough. Healthy and worry free pieces.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say in the realm of ordering aquaculture corals, the two best value places you can possibly go with are Battlecorals and Ora. The size pieces per dollar you pay absolutely cannot be beat. Those two are best suited for people who want to grow colonies, rather than treat corals like trading cards. Cannot recommend highly enough. Healthy and worry free pieces.
And they haven't fell in love with their names yet and aren't overpriced.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.5%
Back