Battlebox sharing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks. Posted earlier this week asking for some history on a couple pieces and got some good words from Adam and some other reefers. Thought I’d share my take from the battlebox a local (dragon99) and I split. Perhaps he will chime in and share his as well.

Here they are 3 days in. I think they’re doing fairly well. Put them in the tank high up and in a heavy flow spot. Still waiting on some PE from the Millie but it’ll come around.

Lighting is ati sunpower

4 blue+
1 purple+
1 true actinic

(Not on for this pic is the second channel which is another purple+ and a 6500k)

6e78a5fa87b596be23eda4473222404e.jpg

Very happy with the frag size and health on this order. I’ve been fired up about getting my first Battlecorals order for well over a year and it did not disappoint. Glad to be in the club.

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comments!

Left to right we have

Greg c acroberry
Old Blue
Orange Furry
Sky Doppel
Paletta pink tip
Raging Bull

The nub on the far right is a couple surviving polyps from a Pikachu frag that STN’d on me randomly several months ago. Not from the battlebox. But hanging out with them

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey folks. Posted earlier this week asking for some history on a couple pieces and got some good words from Adam and some other reefers. Thought I’d share my take from the battlebox a local (dragon99) and I split. Perhaps he will chime in and share his as well.

Here they are 3 days in. I think they’re doing fairly well. Put them in the tank high up and in a heavy flow spot. Still waiting on some PE from the Millie but it’ll come around.

Lighting is ati sunpower

4 blue+
1 purple+
1 true actinic

(Not on for this pic is the second channel which is another purple+ and a 6500k)

6e78a5fa87b596be23eda4473222404e.jpg

Very happy with the frag size and health on this order. I’ve been fired up about getting my first Battlecorals order for well over a year and it did not disappoint. Glad to be in the club.

Pack looks good man Thanks a lot for posting. So, curious are you running the tropic t5s then and what do you think of them?

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pack looks good man Thanks a lot for posting. So, curious are you running the tropic t5s then and what do you think of them?

I’m weird in the fact that I love them. I was previously running two tropics out of 8 bulbs, but I replaced one with a purple just to experiment and when bulb change time comes around I’ll definitely go back to two tropics in the mix.

I can appreciate some heavy blue for what it can do for displaying some color but that look (to me) gets kind of nauseating after about an hour and I tend to prefer a much more natural look. I loved running 10k halides for instance before I settled on purely t5. I’m curious as to what different 8 bulb combos you have tried in the past that you preferred. I saw on the coralvue video interview they did of your new facility that your bread a butter seems to be a mix of ushio10k and reef breeders. Are you still running any t5 anywhere?

Thanks again for everything you do for the aquaculture business! Looking forward to ordering more in the future!

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Greg’s_525xl-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I am going to tag along here because I cannot figure out how to start a thread on my phone. Received a semi-custom pack today Adam (@Battlecorals)and I have been working on and as expected, everything looks amazing! Expertly packed and even through in a free frag and battle brush. This pack came together really nice.
A4EFB1A9-E0D3-4BE8-B8EF-551478638C14.jpeg

733FEF98-6C9B-4AD8-8F2B-34DB457AFF9F.jpeg

Contents:
- Battle brush
-sc orange passion
-pc Superman
-bc bubble bath (an agreed upon smaller size frag)
-bc backdraft
-bc schizo
-sky Doppler
-bc morning star
-bc nilbog
-bc Xmas (I already have this one so my friend will get this. He will be happy and hopefully get hooked)

8069A552-0615-4B8E-B84C-ACAE536016C7.jpeg

5 minutes in the tank.....there is pe on most....look at that orange passion! I will post more pictures once they are settled.
C0F73CED-8F8B-41F0-B467-21A3E104C830.jpeg

DF93A3B6-095B-4DA3-9490-8CAA6985B7B4.jpeg

As others have stated over and over, cannot say enough about battlecorals. Adam is great to work with and corals are amazing. As they say pictures are worth a thousand words. Buy with confidence.

Thank you Adam!

Greg

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Always glad to see it when they come in well.

thanks for posting! really apprieciate the feedback

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam,

Hopefully you’ll get the notification on this.

Sadly my sky doppel RTN’d overnight one day. Unfortunate as it was my favorite of the pack and I haven’t lost an acro in over a year. I digress and push forward!

The rest are doing fine. My frag rack is very high up and in a heavy amount of flow. It’s one of the highest par spots in the tank. I’m about ready to move some of these to the rocks. Flow will be some better on the rocks and par a touch lower I estimate.

I’ll list my remaining specimens.

Old blue prostrata
Greg c acroberry
Orange fury
Paletta pink tip
Raging bull

Can you rank these in order of most light loving to least? Or at least tell me which ones you can hit with brutal light levels and which ones that may color better lower down in the tank? Debating on placement at this point.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam,

Hopefully you’ll get the notification on this.

Sadly my sky doppel RTN’d overnight one day. Unfortunate as it was my favorite of the pack and I haven’t lost an acro in over a year. I digress and push forward!

The rest are doing fine. My frag rack is very high up and in a heavy amount of flow. It’s one of the highest par spots in the tank. I’m about ready to move some of these to the rocks. Flow will be some better on the rocks and par a touch lower I estimate.

I’ll list my remaining specimens.

Old blue prostrata
Greg c acroberry
Orange fury
Paletta pink tip
Raging bull

Can you rank these in order of most light loving to least? Or at least tell me which ones you can hit with brutal light levels and which ones that may color better lower down in the tank? Debating on placement at this point.

Really sorry to hear it. I have had few dopples go poof this month oddly enough. Maybe its the heat or just some collateral shipping stress. Will replace that one no problem though. glad to hear trey rest are doing well .

The thing about placement, And I end up saying this a lot actually, is that all my stuff is in shallow tanks, with very little variation and ultimately are pretty used to getting a lot of light over all. So they will all be happy in high light. However, They will also all adapt just about anywhere you mount them from mid to upper tank for sure.

Please let me know if you have any other questions at all.

thanks again

Adam

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sorry to hear it. I have had few dopples go poof this month oddly enough. Maybe its the heat or just some collateral shipping stress. Will replace that one no problem though. glad to hear trey rest are doing well .

The thing about placement, And I end up saying this a lot actually, is that all my stuff is in shallow tanks, with very little variation and ultimately are pretty used to getting a lot of light over all. So they will all be happy in high light. However, They will also all adapt just about anywhere you mount them from mid to upper tank for sure.

Please let me know if you have any other questions at all.

thanks again

Adam

I appreciate the advice!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Blue prostrata 2 month. Adam. Is this blue prostrata the same as the “Old Blue” you had a thread on a while back?

70643d217fb53e7a4ca1fc3225004f73.jpg

b5b7f167140939248e8462947ddb9cca.jpg

Awesome! I love it man looking good and yep, that is the"old blue". Thanks a lot for the post:)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back