Battlecorals Vivid's Rainbow Acropora - Contest Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battlebrew and dieselbrew? Please continue...tell us what this is.

Oh I made a promise on the Battlebrew and let Adam @Battlecorals chime in on that.
As far for the Dieselbrew I need to find my recipe as it been a while I made that brew.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I made a promise on the Battlebrew and let Adam @Battlecorals chime in on that.
As far for the Dieselbrew I need to find my recipe as it been a while I made that brew.
Not sure if the DIESELBREW and NEOZEO brew made it through the flood, but hope to find it back one day when I unpack my boxes :D

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if the DIESELBREW and NEOZEO brew made it through the flood, but hope to find it back one day when I unpack my boxes :D

Due to legal pressure I had to drop the name N.E.O ZEO, ugh :mad:

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so this Is my first acro, is it normal to lose color over night and then color back up during the day?
That does not sound normal. When your lights do turn off at night they will look brownish with no lights shining on them though.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so this Is my first acro, is it normal to lose color over night and then color back up during the day?

Acros will look totally different with a flash light or room light versus your tank lighting. How much of a color change are you talking about?

Edit:
Not sure if you're talking about with tank lights off. The color shouldn't really change from lights on to lights off. Then again, I've read that Vivids Rainbow will change color even if you look at it wrong.

Last edited:

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180216_112315.jpg

Moved my frag into the rock work 2-3 weeks ago. It's getting lots of flow and high lighting(or so I think, no par meter). This is what it looks like today. Encrusting nicely but no vertical growth. The new encrusting growth has a purplish hue to it and the rest of the frag seems to be slowly coloring up as well. Its been in my tank since Jan 8th. Excited to see how this one grows out!

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed mine catch food as well. Yours looks healthier than mine, imo. I think I need to get my nitrates up some as they sit at 0. Been trying by feeding but its not making a difference. Plus this tank is only 8 months old.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed mine catch food as well. Yours looks healthier than mine, imo. I think I need to get my nitrates up some as they sit at 0. Been trying by feeding but its not making a difference. Plus this tank is only 8 months old.
Ok, while No3 is at 0, what is Po4 at?

-Andre

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, while No3 is at 0, what is Po4 at?

-Andre

I get .02 with a red sea test kit. Could be .04. Hard to tell the colors apart.

Here's the rest:

Alk-8.8 dkh measured with Hanna alk checker. Stable within .3 for the last 3 months.

Ca-420-440
Mg-1260 with salifert
Mg-1380 with redsea

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get .02 with a red sea test kit. Could be .04. Hard to tell the colors apart.

Here's the rest:

Alk-8.8 dkh measured with Hanna alk checker. Stable within .3 for the last 3 months.

Ca-420-440
Mg-1260 with salifert
Mg-1380 with redsea
You could go easily go then to 2-3ppm No3, but in steps. Start with dosing Nitrates up to 1, then 2 and wait and watch the wonder. That will gove the system some time to adapt to the new nutrient balances.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could go easily go then to 2-3ppm No3, but in steps. Start with dosing Nitrates up to 1, then 2 and wait and watch the wonder. That will gove the system some time to adapt to the new nutrient balances.

Andre,

Thanks for the help/advice. Really appreciated! I have potassium nitrate aka spectricide stump remover on the way, but it'll be a week before it gets here. Any advice on mixing up a solution? And how many milliliters to add per gallon to start out? I've been reading up on this but not 100% sure and don't want to over do it. Any advice for another product to use instead? I'm still learning on this topic and appreciate all the help I can get.

-Matt

Edit:
Doesn't matter much to me if I win the contest or not. Just want healthy coral. That's my only goal really.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andre,

Thanks for the help/advice. Really appreciated! I have potassium nitrate aka spectricide stump remover on the way, but it'll be a week before it gets here. Any advice on mixing up a solution? And how many milliliters to add per gallon to start out? I've been reading up on this but not 100% sure and don't want to over do it. Any advice for another product to use instead? I'm still learning on this topic and appreciate all the help I can get.

-Matt

Edit:
Doesn't matter much to me if I win the contest or not. Just want healthy coral. That's my only goal really.

Your welcome. Here is a picture out of my built thread showing my Stomp remover/Sodium Nitrate mix.
The increases shown on the bottle were used for a 200G system. But in most cases you have to figure out the increase after dosing.
Just measure before dosing and 2-3 hours later after dosing.
Built thread is here : https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/andre’s-full-blown-300gallon-sps-reeftank-up-within-a-week.339591/

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back