Battling Cyano with good parameters?

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks always get cyano if they have no3 and no po4. Even if no3 is good amount higher then no3 I’ll get a little. Try no3 at 5 and raise po4 .06- .1

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes dont listen to all the people selling snake oil. Just do water changes and suck out the excess algae or the cyano bacteria with a hose when doing water changes. Water flow is a major factor in clearing many tank problems as

monkeyCmonkeyDo has pointed out already. SHould i just gets some ....NO NO​

Dolphin2409

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an update, I ended up using chemiclean and it took care of the problem with no ill effects, I also kept the tank lights off while this was going on. Be sure to use level scoops and and a bubbler for the full time. I started feeding more after the treatment and now my only problem is cleaning algae off the glass!
Congrats! Always nice to see people beat it!

jbilliel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After getting fed up with battling Cyano for 6+ months and it killing many of my corals, I broke down and bought a UV setup. I cannot believe it... Within 12 hours the tank looked 100% different and the corals started opening up for the first time in 6 months!

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After getting fed up with battling Cyano for 6+ months and it killing many of my corals, I broke down and bought a UV setup. I cannot believe it... Within 12 hours the tank looked 100% different and the corals started opening up for the first time in 6 months!
This is great news for you. So you think the UV wiped out the cyano?

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an update?! Agreed on the great news!!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back