Bayer - Ever have any Problems in the Tank after Dipping from Leftover Desidue on the Dipped Coral?

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the Bayer Coral Dip has anyone ever have any Problems in the Tank after Dipping Corals from Leftover Desidue on the Dipped Coral?

I am very very worried about getting Insecticide in my Main System and having the Tank Crash.

With Revive I Dip the Coral and them Leave it in a Cup of Saltwater for 5 Minutes to get any Revive Residue off the Coral before putting it back into the Main Display Tank.

But Revive is said to be all natural and I have done this many many times already with no ill effects.

But I am very worried about using Bayer Insecticide for this reason.

I plan on Dipping in the Bayer and then Dipping the Coral again a Half Dozen or so Times after that in just Saltwater to make sure no Residue is Left on the Coral.

Am I making a Big Deal out of this and being Overly Paranoid?

What do you guys do with your Coral right after you Dip in Bayer?

Last edited:

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had any problems. I dip in Bayer for 10 minutes then rinse in fresh saltwater then in tank it goes.

racoloish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just rinse the coral well, you don't want to get that into the Display tank and kill the invertebrates. I almost kill a cleaner shrimp, I got lucky that she survive.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your worried you could use a turkey baster to gently blow off any residue while it's in tank water :)

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to make sure you rinse the coral very well before putting it in the display after a dip.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back