HORRIBLE DIP! CORALRX

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Brightwell KoralMD. Did you shake the bottle hard? If you look at the Brightwell bottle under lights, you can see it separates.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a quart container and add 10 drops and mix well. The equivalent if you use their recommended capfuls would be 1.5 capfuls
Oh, you said you barely dilute it. Sounds like you actually dilute it more than the instructions state?
I usually mix it as directed on the package.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it interesting that people in the hobby are so freaked out by bristle worms when they are so beneficial. Found this sponge and worm last night and immediately added both to the cryptic zone on my new build. I want worms in all my tanks.
PXL_20240401_212522138.jpg

FlyinAg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% guarantee you already have bristle worms. They aren't bad if you do. Dip isn't a 100% effective product. There are nooks and crannies critters get into that the dip won't due to bubbles, fluid dynamics and whatnot and you can't check every single one, stuff will get past you. Hopefully the flatworms all all the bad stuff that is hanging out on the coral flesh or skeleton jump off.

Squirt the dip in the hole and/or jab something in there and kill it. Are you going to keep the torch in a bag until you sell it?!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Oh, you said you barely dilute it. Sounds like you actually dilute it more than the instructions state?
I usually mix it as directed on the package.
Duh, meant the other way around. I assure full strength

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% guarantee you already have bristle worms. They aren't bad if you do. Dip isn't a 100% effective product. There are nooks and crannies critters get into that the dip won't due to bubbles, fluid dynamics and whatnot and you can't check every single one, stuff will get past you. Hopefully the flatworms all all the bad stuff that is hanging out on the coral flesh or skeleton jump off.
Yep. I've dipped dozens of corals, yet have managed to acquire bristleworms, aiptasia and somehow or another a 3 armed Asterina starfish. Lord only knows what else has slipped in that has yet to be noticed. Dips seem to kill the less hardy stuff, but just irritates the tougher critters, so close inspection and manual removal is a must for the best chance at a critter free DT.
Are you going to keep the torch in a bag until you sell it?!
I certainly hope not.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this to get the dip into nooks and crannies. It’s from a old test kit, the attachment at the end is very tiny and can squirt the liquid into the smallest of spots

Attachments

• A1C8E371-9A01-407E-BEC9-1C190FC5CEB8.jpeg
    A1C8E371-9A01-407E-BEC9-1C190FC5CEB8.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 15

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back