HORRIBLE DIP! CORALRX

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I usually use KoralMD Pro and I have had a wonderful experience with it. Well I decided to get another dip and followed the directions. My lights turned out and I saw this bristleworm crawling out after I just dipped the brand new coral as I do with all my corals. After a second dip he won’t come out. I will be returning the dip I have only used twice and am disappointed in the performance and ineffectiveness. Especially since it says it removes them right on the back and I doubled the dip and the time and he’s still in the coral.
IMG_6892.jpeg
IMG_6891.jpeg

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats interesting considering you followed the directions exactly as written...what are the chemicals in each? They're likely pretty similar, only different concentrations if I had to guess. That might explain it.
Can you check the chemicals and post them in the comments? I'd be curious to see.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thats interesting considering you followed the directions exactly as written...what are the chemicals in each? They're likely pretty similar, only different concentrations if I had to guess. That might explain it.
Can you check the chemicals and post them in the comments? I'd be curious to see.
Neither of them state on the bottle as they are “proprietary blends” and they smell the same so I suspect they have similar ingredients but I will say Koral MD has a much stronger smell than Coral RX.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Weird! I've had nothing but good experiences with coral RX and sometimes find it to be a little strong. I've had micro bristle stars and worms come floating out dead
Maybe I got a bad batch but either way I’m not a happy camper but the worm is.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
CoralRX is my preferred and most effective used.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe I got a bad batch but either way the dip I got does not work! I dipped it twice and I saw two pods and two brittle stars come out and nothing else. In fact I was staring at this bristleworm twice which is still very much alive. Usually I have a ton of creepy crawlers come out of my coral but not with this dip. I am emailing the company and I’m disappointed especially since it says right on the bottle it removes them.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I got a bad batch but either way the dip I got does not work! I dipped it twice and I saw two pods and two brittle stars come out and nothing else. In fact I was staring at this bristleworm twice which is still very much alive. Usually I have a ton of creepy crawlers come out of my coral but not with this dip. I am emailing the company and I’m disappointed especially since it says right on the bottle it removes them.
Did you use the right concentration. My guess is that you used to much water and it was weaker because of it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you use the right concentration. My guess is that you used to much water and it was weaker because of it.
Yes! TWICE! I doubled to tripled the dose and left the coral in the dip for even longer and even shook it around a bit. The water in the container was only about half a cup to a cup if not less as it was a small container. And the directions state 20 ml per gallon or like 4 capfuls per gallon and to keep it in for 5-10 minutes. I did this twice and saw nothing but one happy bristleworm taunting me in the coral. So now the coral is either going to be sold or returned and is living in a bag floating in my tank. I looked at the lot and date and it’s not expired but I will say it doesn’t smell like any dip I’m used to…and isn’t very strong as I smelled it out of the bottle out of curiosity and since I’m used to my dips having a very pungent and specific smell.

Last edited:

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! TWICE! I doubled to tripled the dose and left the coral in the dip for even longer and even shook it around a bit. The water in the container was only about half a cup to a cup if not less as it was a small container. And the directions state 20 ml per gallon or like 4 capfuls per gallon and to keep it in for 5-10 minutes. I did this twice and saw nothing but one happy bristleworm taunting me in the coral. So now the coral is either going to be sold or returned and is living in a bag floating in my tank. I looked at the lot and date and it’s not expired but I will say it doesn’t smell like any dip I’m used to…and isn’t very strong as I smelled it out of the bottle out of curiosity and since I’m used to my dips having a very pungent and specific smell.
Sounds like you have a Ninja bristleworm then

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure the seal was there when you opened it? I've seen Amazon returns with little to nothing in the bottle... someone could have added water back to the bottle

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you sure the seal was there when you opened it? I've seen Amazon returns with little to nothing in the bottle... someone could have added water back to the bottle
Yes! It was sealed in a bag and not tampered with as the two seals were on it.

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be in maryland have friends in Mount wolf and college city

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back