OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I would like to say I am talking to the seller. And we are reaching a solution. I do believe I probably got a bad batch and one very stubborn worm. I have used the dips as small samples before but I am disappointed this doesn’t work. So if the seller sees this thank you and please don’t take this as me bashing your product.

Last edited:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
before using potassium chloride(polyp lab reef primer), i was using coralrx pro. bristle worm may just have had a firm grip in there. i haven’t had any issues knocking out or momentarily irritating the bristleworm to come off

BoriReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworms are a beneficial part of a healthy reef. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I keep several wrasses and they keep the population in check.

I too can attest to CoralRX being my go to and has always worked well.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to get rid of the coral because it has a worm?

Use coral rx it’s my go to

Really ticked off this huge worm and got him out from my corals skeleton

Attachments

• 57293AE3-F4D8-4D9B-9834-0F7932B9F724.jpeg
    57293AE3-F4D8-4D9B-9834-0F7932B9F724.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 7A514504-13CE-412D-B512-45FBF230BBBA.jpeg
    7A514504-13CE-412D-B512-45FBF230BBBA.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 91CE5E20-6904-40D8-AE06-6452B2A11100.jpeg
    91CE5E20-6904-40D8-AE06-6452B2A11100.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 37
  • A07233BD-3933-4AE9-9F7F-F7A2F4CA563F.jpeg
    A07233BD-3933-4AE9-9F7F-F7A2F4CA563F.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 47

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait your going to take back or sell a coral because it has a bristleworm in it?

Like seriously?

This hobby may not be for you then.

There are many creepy crawly things in the ocean and our tanks. The ocean, and our tanks would not survive without them. Bristleworms being at the top of the list.

I use CoralRX at full strength, never had it hurt a healthy coral, and never had it not kill a bristleworm, asternia star, pod, or brittle star.

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe, though I could be wrong, that CoralRX is intended to kill the bugs, just stun them so you can more easily knock them off. I normally use a Turkey baster to knock stuff off after the frag has sat in the CoralRX. Then I dip in Beyer which has more likelihood, again I could be wrong, of killing but I still use the Turkey baster.

I start with the CoralRX as it is clear and easier to see if anything comes off.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a really terrible pic, but you’re looking at a 7” Bristleworm that lives in my corner overflow. I can sneak a peek anytime it’s dark and he’ll be there.

IMG_5114.jpeg

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
And who knows what else. Who wants the coral now? It’s a very nice torch too. I’m probably selling it or returning it!:loudly-crying-face:
This I don't get.
Two things.
You saw the bristle worm? Why didn't you grab it with some tweezers?
Second, they are a part of the hobby. Part of a natural clean up crew.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral RX is what I use. Did you check the expiration date?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What ratio/formula do you use?
I use a quart container and add 10 drops and mix well. The equivalent if you use their recommended capfuls would be 1.5 capfuls

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we are taking turns creeping out OP with our bristleworm pictures then here is my entry, this is what it looks like under every tile sitting on the sand bed:
IMG_3167.jpeg

Detritus has not been an issue for me. They control the right side of my sand bed, my pistol shrimp controls the left. I can hear continuous pops from the shrimp whenever their paths cross.

But back to the point of the thread. I have noticed that CoralRX at the recommended or even doubled strength only seems to send pods and feather duster larvae into a frenzy, mini brittle stars will kind of react, and bristleworms don’t really seem to react unless I give the coral a blast of water with a turkey baster. It seems like if they are wedged into a skeleton there may not be enough of the solution flowing throw to affect them.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use the right concentration. My guess is that you used to much water and it was weaker because of it.

While it is possible that the product is bad it is also possible that it was used incorrectly. Both are plausible as we don't know how it shipped nor handled at the place of purchase. Having said that my experience with it and many others in our hobby have had nothing but great experiences with it. It is commonly recommended for a reason. It works.

The issue I have with post one and the subject is that it lists both product and negative review. Hobbyist does a search and they will get "horrible dip CoralRx" which isn't really fair. They won't know if the product is expired, bad product, or user error (following instructions).

Lastly if a loss bristleworm is the deal breaker then there are larger problems at stake. The photo above shows the worm but it is coming out of a very, very, small hole. It very well could be that the product didn't make it in there which is why it made it. Also while I understand some hobbyist being afraid of them they are not bad for the display. On top of that I would say it is highly unlikely that you will have a system without them.

Personally speaking I would have had the subject along the lines of "looking for fellow hobbyist of product xyz use" or something along those lines.

Note 1: to the op - when I say user error it is not demeaning nor aggressive. Just sharing my thoughts on the subject title.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The product needs to be stirred around the coral and basted into holes. It is possible the worm was irritated and retreating into a hole to hide necks the product wasn’t in the hole
Thats a great point.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we are taking turns creeping out OP with our bristleworm pictures then here is my entry, this is what it looks like under every tile sitting on the sand bed:
IMG_3167.jpeg

Detritus has not been an issue for me. They control the right side of my sand bed, my pistol shrimp controls the left. I can hear continuous pops from the shrimp whenever their paths cross.

But back to the point of the thread. I have noticed that CoralRX at the recommended or even doubled strength only seems to send pods and feather duster larvae into a frenzy, mini brittle stars will kind of react, and bristleworms don’t really seem to react unless I give the coral a blast of water with a turkey baster. It seems like if they are wedged into a skeleton there may not be enough of the solution flowing throw to affect them.
I don't have a single bristle worm in my dt. My coral banded shrimp has done too good of a job. I've added multiple bw on different occasions and still don't have any in my dt. Now that I've started a sump with a fudge I do some in my system.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back