Bayite plugged into strip?

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers simple question I can't find an answer for.

Can I plug my bayite heater controller into a power strip? Or should it be in its own plug?

I'm using a 75 w eheim in my bayite. No cooler. Only running a aqamai nano wave maker, eheim pump (not on max), and an AI prime light in the strip. Bayite is currently plugged into the socket under neath where the strip is plugged in.

Curious if it's acceptable to have my controller plugged into the strip for easy on off during maintence. Or leave it plugged into its own socket and unplug during maintence.

Ty!

Ps will have an ink bird coming as I needed the plastic tip probe and couldn't find it solo. Should I just use that? Or is the bayite with imkbird plastic prove sufficient?

Ty reef fam!

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well for some reason my bayite is no longer turning my heater on? Its been hot out so last night was the first time it dipped below 78 (what the heater is set to turn on at.) It may need a reprogram but thankfully I have this inkbird coming tomorrow to replace it. Still unsure though if they can be plugged into a power strip or if the controllers needs its own socket.

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No armature electricians have any advice on the inkbird/bayite plugged into a power strip? Sorry to self bump again. Been reading forums all day and cant find an answer.

water crying GIF

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a decent power strip you should have no issue plugging the controller into it. If you would rather use the bayite the removable temp probe from the inkbird will work with the bayite perfectly. I personally prefer the bayite over the inkbird. If it's not turning the heater on check your setup again. When SU is showing on the top section that's your set temp it's when the heater will turn off at the temp shown in the bottom section. A single press of the set button bumps it to HD showing in the top section this is heating differential, the amount below the set temp when the heater will turn on. So if you're set at 78 with a differential of 1.0 the heater won't turn on till the temp reaches 77 it will then remain on till it reaches 78.1 & then turn off. the differential can be set in 0.1 increments

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a decent power strip you should have no issue plugging the controller into it. If you would rather use the bayite the removable temp probe from the inkbird will work with the bayite perfectly. I personally prefer the bayite over the inkbird. If it's not turning the heater on check your setup again. When SU is showing on the top section that's your set temp it's when the heater will turn off at the temp shown in the bottom section. A single press of the set button bumps it to HD showing in the top section this is heating differential, the amount below the set temp when the heater will turn on. So if you're set at 78 with a differential of 1.0 the heater won't turn on till the temp reaches 77 it will then remain on till it reaches 78.1 & then turn off. the differential can be set in 0.1 increments
Tysm for that info! I got the ink bird FOR the probe, I will try re setting it up as I may have messed it up. If not thats what the back up inkbirds for haha. Thank you again!!!

Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome. If you're not running a fan or chiller you don't have to mess with the CA setting or anything else just set the SU & the HD then a quick press of the power button will exit setup mode & you're good to go. I have seen just the temp probe as a replacement part available for the inkbird & brs units at brs & saltwateraquarium they both will work & I believe it was about $10.

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome. If you're not running a fan or chiller you don't have to mess with the CA setting or anything else just set the SU & the HD then a quick press of the power button will exit setup mode & you're good to go. I have seen just the temp probe as a replacement part available for the inkbird & brs units at brs & saltwateraquarium they both will work & I believe it was about $10.
They were sold out and I needed one Pronto. So I figured having a backup Controller wasn't too bad either.

Also I am not using a chiller just heater. I'm using a Fluval 13 that sits under a ceiling fan so chilling is never a big deal for me

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I just set the sv to 78 and the heating diff to .5, So that means it will cut off my heater at 78 and turn it on at 77.5 correct? Wanna make sure I'm not confusing my numbers haha ty for ur time!

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plug my Bayite into an apex EB832, as a redundancy controller for my heat exchange loop, as it can change even 400 gallons very quickly. Works fine.
Ty as I plan on getting an Apex when I upgrade tanks. Glad bayite and Apex have enough user friendly good reviews! Ty for that! Would you be able to check my post right above your reply and let me know if I programmed it right?

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I just set the sv to 78 and the heating diff to .5, So that means it will cut off my heater at 78 and turn it on at 77.5 correct? Wanna make sure I'm not confusing my numbers haha ty for ur time!
yes that's right. your good to go.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back