BBQing Reefers - What's on your grill/smoker?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d never heard of that before ill have to check that out of coarse we don’t have a Costco lol

I had seen pics of them on bbq boards but this was my first time to see them in person. From what I read it was usually $200+ a brisket. The ones at Costco were between $80 and $120. I've seen the Angus briskets at Sam's be close to that price and not look as good.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pork shoulder, 3 slabs of baby backs and maybe 10 to 15 pounds of wings. Working out final plans today.
I won't to try wings in the smoker. How to Brew?

NOT to watch the Super Bowl. By the way, are we breaking the law by actually typing Super Bowl?
OUCH! Now you all know how the Lions fans Felt about the MEGATRON Call! BTY You Can Watch the Commercials;)

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OUCH! Now you all know how the Lions fans Felt about the MEGATRON Call! BTY You Can Watch the Commercials;)

Not a fan, I find football to be very boring. I don't even get your Megatron call reference. From what I've read, sounds like a lot of commercials are going to preach at us.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fan, I find football to be very boring. I don't even get your Megatron call reference. From what I've read, sounds like a lot of commercials are going to preach at us.

Do u like any sports? I like F1 myself

Perkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had seen pics of them on bbq boards but this was my first time to see them in person. From what I read it was usually $200+ a brisket. The ones at Costco were between $80 and $120. I've seen the Angus briskets at Sam's be close to that price and not look as good.
I’ll have to check into it

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u like any sports? I like F1 myself

Not really. I watch my son play soccer, that is about it. I go to our company outings that are at games but I don't really pay attention to the game. I do listen to The Ticket which is one of the highest rated sports stations. I just like their shtick, usually tune them out when they are talking actual sports stuff.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to smoke my wings at 275F for around 40-50 minutes. If you do this, the skin will be very rubbery. I finish them by grilling them on my propane grill to crisp up the skin.
You can also kick up the heat of your smoker to around 400F to crisp the skin, but if your smoker doesn't raise in temperature quickly it will overcook the wings before the skin crisps. That is why I like the separate grill.
If I do them tomorrow, they will be done at 225F with the ribs and pork shoulder for a little over an hour then finished on the propane grill.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ultimate grill

Propane
Charcoal
And smoker

CB9124B4-9354-4E99-BB5B-3F64280D8BD7.png
When it comes to grills I don't care for multi taskers. They may do each thing half way decent, but they won't do any of the things great imo.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
225F with the ribs and pork shoulder for a little over an hour then finished on the propane grill.
That's perfect for my system. I generally Sear my ribs on the grill then finish in the smoker I may have to reverse that today.
When it comes to grills I don't care for multi taskers. They may do each thing half way decent, but they won't do any of the things great imo.
I was thinking Reefers were the biggest Snobs, Now Im thinking Pit Masters are the WORST:p

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's perfect for my system. I generally Sear my ribs on the grill then finish in the smoker I may have to reverse that today.

I was thinking Reefers were the biggest Snobs, Now Im thinking Pit Masters are the WORST:p

Pit Masters are much worse! We don’t call ourselves Reef Masters. You can get idea of how skilled a reefer is by looking at their aquarium. A bad pit master won’t have repeat guests. An average pit master can hide flaws with sauce. Good pit Masters have lots of friends.
And, like reefers, never judge one by their rigs. Some of the best bbq I’ve had came off a rusty modified barrel

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pit Masters are much worse! We don’t call ourselves Reef Masters. You can get idea of how skilled a reefer is by looking at their aquarium. A bad pit master won’t have repeat guests. An average pit master can hide flaws with sauce. Good pit Masters have lots of friends.
And, like reefers, never judge one by their rigs. Some of the best bbq I’ve had came off a rusty modified barrel

This is the truth.

Jet Sled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to see there are some people that love to smoke on here! I have smoked other meats in the past, but I mainly stick to fish since that is mainly what I harvest up in the PNW. Smoked fish makes great gifts!

Some Kokanee drying on the rack's before starting
Smoked Koke.jpg

A Mix of King salmon/Coho/Steelhead

Smoked King.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting closer to game time!
469c48622a36f5b9d3bb417161dcaee8.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting closer to game time!
Straight smoke today, and because it was getting dark 5.30 I let the oven finish the sauce. Some of the best wings period. 3 hours of smoke and 15 minutes to crisp and still the juices poured out like water.

20190203_145800.jpg

20190203_173825.jpg

20190203_180606.jpg

Jr'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen it in the posts but those who smoke, ya gotta try smoking a few packs of bacon. Made some on the Traeger and it was awesome! No pics this round but going to take some the next batch.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back