!!!BC CRICKET SPINE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe a welcome distraction from the week's worth of heavy headlines, the Cricket Spine is yet another one of my favorite pieces, long overdue for a showcase.

Shot this guy under heavy blue, which looks seriously impressive, and under Daylights, also no slouch there. Honestly, I just love stuff like this. I think deep down sometimes I put off shooting some of these pieces because I don't want to cut them up at all. But the good news is, I'm over that this time. At least for now. I've got frags of the Cricket well ready to go now, and have already sent out a number of them the last couple years. So please feel free to share if you have one growing as well would love to see yours.

BC Cricket Spine. Finally on the site for all to see. 2 under blue, and 1 Daylight shot

IMG_1049-2.jpg
IMG_1049.jpg
IMG_1059-Edit.jpg

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. One of the few I actually like the white shot better than the blue!

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the growth pattern? Have a red table looking to add a red or pink thats more bushy. On the other side of the tank, something that would compliment in shape but color contrast to an aculeus, would be next to.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is the growth pattern? Have a red table looking to add a red or pink thats more bushy. On the other side of the tank, something that would compliment in shape but color contrast to an aculeus, would be next to.

Hi there

Growth is pretty sparse actually, not tight clustering at all really. I’ve got a tad smaller colony under halides that is a much better representation, but I just can’t get a good pic in that tank lol. Coral’s too close to the water surface. I’ll try a phone pic later today.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a new shot, this was from August 2019
BC%2BCricket%2BSpine.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Hi there,

I was able to pop off a shallow phone pic of the Halide grown piece. You can definitely get a better idea of growth pattern with this one, but this is by far the most unflattering spectrum. 65k Iwasaki's alone. Literally, zero fluorescing, but still red as can be.

IMG_0789.jpeg

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I was able to pop off a shallow phone pic of the Halide grown piece. You can definitely get a better idea of growth pattern with this one, but this is by far the most unflattering spectrum. 65k Iwasaki's alone. Literally, zero fluorescing, but still red as can be.

IMG_0789.jpeg
Awesome will look at getting a frag once things are a little more stable again.

Restaurant manager, so slowing down my stocking plans atm.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Awesome will look at getting a frag once things are a little more stable again.

Restaurant manager, so slowing down my stocking plans atm.

I hear you man Definitely, collectively a weird time in our world. Let's hope things get back to normal soon. Stay safe and healthy my friend

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
NIce
This is not directly from BC but same acro. Gorgeous specimen. Has small golden polyps.

Below is 20K and blue lights.

90682D68-B5D4-41CB-A70F-78F6AED356B7.jpeg
658459EB-5856-4481-A617-31E00859C070.jpeg

2EF9EC22-C3B0-4E73-AA4C-AF32195EABB9.jpeg
Nice one! Wow! That reminds me a lot of the "Cherry Blossom" Rosaria. Really nice looking colony there! thanks for sharing. Same goes for that super impressive looking shaggie behind it as well.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back