Be patient......

Beam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when we say that nothing good happens quickly in this hobby here is the proof, the first 3 photos are from July 2016 and the following 3, are from the same corals today
IMG_1829.JPG
IMG_2273.JPG
IMG_2274.JPG
IMG_4499.JPG
IMG_5490.JPG
IMG_6488.JPG
today.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Job well done, and great documentation.

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pictures aside, your point is well made. I believe the single most reason for livestock death and wasted money is an impatient Reefer.

OP
OP
Beam

Beam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pictures aside, your point is well made. I believe the single most reason for livestock death and wasted money is an impatient Reefer.
i agree with you,
i would also like to said that chasing after the right parameters is fine but we shouldn't be obsessed with it.
and, something i was often told when i started, is "take your hands out of the tank" lol :)

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree with you,
i would also like to said that chasing after the right parameters is fine but we shouldn't be obsessed with it.
and, something i was often told when i started, is "take your hands out of the tank" lol :)
Sage advice for sure. Both should b on the List of top ten rules.

Speaking of I think there should b an official Top ten New Aquarium rules list made right here by R2R reefers. We can do some kind of vote thing!

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree with you,
Hey Beam, check out the home page....R2R Top Ten list!

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for showing how a coral can bloom from a little frag to an awesome colony - especially the seriatopora

I'm currently on my third build in 14 years and I've seen how awesome a tank gets around the 9-15 month mark. Its great motivation to just keep chugging along and take your time. Fortunately, my aquarium build is getting significantly over my initial budget ($5,000 estimate turned into $10,000 in reality) and I can only buy so much equipment a month.

Tanks again.

OP
OP
Beam

Beam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fortunately, my aquarium build is getting significantly over my initial budget ($5,000 estimate turned into $10,000 in reality) and I can only buy so much equipment a month.
Tanks again.
trust me, i know what you mean, i am planning my next set up, and i am already way over 10k
it reminds me something i heard a long time ago,

"a reef aquarium is a glass box, in which you put all your money"

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trust me, i know what you mean, i am planning my next set up, and i am already way over 10k
it reminds me something i heard a long time ago,

"a reef aquarium is a glass box, in which you put all your money"

I read somewhere that a good guideline for estimating the equipment cost of a new is is $50-$60 per gallon. With my 115 gallon display, I think I’m going to have the best part of $87 per gallon in mine. However, I’m spending $1,000-$1,200 on an inverter/charger and a bank of batteries that most people never consider and I’ll end up with more than $2,000 spent on my Apex controller and it’s associated pieces like 2x sets of dosing pumps and whatnot.

How big of a system are you planning?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back