OP
OP
cww180

cww180

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Absolutely, it came in clean as a whistle and when I installed it incorrectly, I needed a replacement weir (custom cut to my mistake). He gave me a discounted price for it. I don’t like the crack there on yours and I recommend you send those pictures to them asking for a replacement. Maybe it broke during shipment and they’ll cover the replacement cost.
I sent them on Thursday I think, seems they would have replied by now. I don’t want to have to go through the credit card company. Hopefully they will reply and make it right.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get any update on your status? I have moved forward and started plumbing everything but will leave the plumbing inside the box unglued.
I have confused myself and forgotten that the emergency drain is plumbed over the other two because of the cabinet lumber. The box setup is correct. This morning, it had started to gurgle again and the box was not full of water. When I pull out the secondary drain and put it back in, the water fills up in the box and stops gurgling. It could be that one needs to be glued in. I have bought a gate valve for the secondary at Lowes that might be a solution. It has always had what I thought was a lot of water coming down. Is it supposed to be a trickle?

The top is the secondary, middle is main, and bottom is emergency.

1630934060209.png

Left is emergency, middle is secondary, and right is main.
1630934162086.png
1630934232992.png

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have confused myself and forgotten that the emergency drain is plumbed over the other two because of the cabinet lumber. The box setup is correct. This morning, it had started to gurgle again and the box was not full of water. When I pull out the secondary drain and put it back in, the water fills up in the box and stops gurgling. It could be that one needs to be glued in. I have bought a gate valve for the secondary at Lowes that might be a solution. It has always had what I thought was a lot of water coming down. Is it supposed to be a trickle?

The top is the secondary, middle is main, and bottom is emergency.

1630934060209.png

Left is emergency, middle is secondary, and right is main.

What I would do is use some silicone grease. (not caulk) and smear it where the secondary pipe meets the bulkhead. This should seal it so no water seeps thru. Maybe do all the pipes in the overflow box just in case its not the secondary.
The secondary should be a trickle however sometimes it needs a bit more flow to quiet it down. I fond mine has water about 1/3 of the way up the horizontal pipe. You dont want to place a gate valve on it as that would defeat the purpose of it handling any small changes in flow that occur naturally. If flow gets too much it will cover that air hole and become a full siphon just like the main drain. If those 2 cant handle the flow for some reason, then thats where the emergency comes in

OP
OP
cww180

cww180

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Changed up my standpipe design today and it seems to be running a little more smooth and quiet.

Attachments

• 42BF6130-1F37-4435-BA77-3851FBB3015A.jpeg
    42BF6130-1F37-4435-BA77-3851FBB3015A.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 904905F8-C3BF-4BEB-8833-026560F34C91.jpeg
    904905F8-C3BF-4BEB-8833-026560F34C91.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
cww180

cww180

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It’s tough because the whole process takes awhile and then having to wait again for a response and fix, I’ve been there. The guy is a straight shooter tho, your patience will pay off.
He got back with me, he was on vacation stand up dude. Will get repeat business from me great product with excellent customer service.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He got back with me, he was on vacation stand up dude. Will get repeat business from me great product with excellent customer servic
What I would do is use some silicone grease. (not caulk) and smear it where the secondary pipe meets the bulkhead. This should seal it so no water seeps thru. Maybe do all the pipes in the overflow box just in case its not the secondary.
The secondary should be a trickle however sometimes it needs a bit more flow to quiet it down. I fond mine has water about 1/3 of the way up the horizontal pipe. You dont want to place a gate valve on it as that would defeat the purpose of it handling any small changes in flow that occur naturally. If flow gets too much it will cover that air hole and become a full siphon just like the main drain. If those 2 cant handle the flow for some reason, then thats where the emergency comes in
I added the grease like you suggested but I also added a gate valve from Lowes to my secondary. It has always had too much water coming out of it imo. I don't have an air hole in the overflow for it but rather a U shape top. Another factor is I have one half inch return PVC and three fourth inch on the overflow drains. I made a mistake in this setup, imo and should have gone with three fourth inch for all of them. I do have a Hydor controllable pump. It has been working fine since I made these changes and cleaned the pump too!

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving this thread. I am currently having issues with mine and got tons of good info for you all. I have one more concern the water line is extremely high when my pump kicks on. I may have installed the overflow too high

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving this thread. I am currently having issues with mine and got tons of good info for you all. I have one more concern the water line is extremely high when my pump kicks on. I may have installed the overflow too high
You can buy a replacement weir box and customize it to have it lowered. I had to do the same. I lowered mine 3/16ths

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, lowering the teeth would lower the level in the display. Widening the teeth would too. Slowing the return pump a little would also lower the water level.

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigger issue now is that I can't fit any plumbing inside the overflow because the bulk head stems are too long. Any help?

ReefSlice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigger issue now is that I can't fit any plumbing inside the overflow because the bulk head stems are too long. Any help?
You need to cut the bulkheads down. I just installed mine 2 days ago. Install the box, use a gold or silver marker to mark 1/8" past the nut when installed, and then use a hacksaw to cut the stem of the bulkhead. Keep the nuts on the bulkhead past where you're cutting so when you remove them after the cut they clean up the threads. I loosened the nuts so they were aligned with where I was cutting for a good straight edge. Worked great.

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to cut the bulkheads down. I just installed mine 2 days ago. Install the box, use a gold or silver marker to mark 1/8" past the nut when installed, and then use a hacksaw to cut the stem of the bulkhead. Keep the nuts on the bulkhead past where you're cutting so when you remove them after the cut they clean up the threads. I loosened the nuts so they were aligned with where I was cutting for a good straight edge. Worked great.
Thank you all for all the help! Concerning my water line I reached out to Modular Marine they will be making me a new box with teeth 1" lower. I have also ordered a small hack saw to cut the bulk head down

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bean animal with durso is now complete! Also paid for my new weir from Modular M. Again this thread was a huge help.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back