Bean Animal Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter DcoarM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DcoarM

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2014
Messages
164
Reaction score
57
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got the bean animal up and going, but I won't stay quiet unless I have the water level relatively low in the overflow chamber. However I have also noticed that as water evaporates that overflow is what is change not the sump in terms of water level.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
Unless you have sump over display, instead of the typical sump under display I can’t see how overflow would fluctuate with evap instead of the sump.
Some pics/vid might help narrow things down
 
Unless you have sump over display, instead of the typical sump under display I can’t see how overflow would fluctuate with evap instead of the sump.
Some pics/vid might help narrow things down
 

Attachments

  • 20210405_124210.jpg
    20210405_124210.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 109
Sump
 

Attachments

  • 16184015967813972127346161242989.jpg
    16184015967813972127346161242989.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 123
You don’t seem to have much flow through the sump. Based on the water level of the overflow I’m going to guess the siphon is acting more like a Durso. What is your return pump? Do you have a valve on it?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new