Bean animal trickle pipe height question

BreezyMM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just configured this overview and I basically had to put the water level in my overflow box extremely close to the tank water level in order to prevent all of the noise from the water falling into the overflow. Also my emergency pipe has about 1/8 " clearance from the water line. Does this look ok or should I lower the trickle pipe and deal with a bit of noise?

I tested clogs in each pipes and my sump was able to handle it.

15960613471701881434406164651099.jpg 15960613659334471791101544404037.jpg

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you tested it and it still handles the flow with clogs I don't think there is any reason to lower it. I usually keep mine up high as well for the noise reduction too. As long as the emergency pipes are low enough to work without an the tank overflowing I think you're all set.

OP
OP
BreezyMM

BreezyMM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you tested it and it still handles the flow with clogs I don't think there is any reason to lower it. I usually keep mine up high as well for the noise reduction too. As long as the emergency pipes are low enough to work without an the tank overflowing I think you're all set.

Awesome. Thank you for responding. It is my first time dealing with this much custom plumbing and I was a bit unsure.

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Thank you for responding. It is my first time dealing with this much custom plumbing and I was a bit unsure.
No problem! Let us know if you have any other questions about it! It took me a while to wrap my head around when I first saw them but they are easily my favorite design where I can accomodate that many bulkheads. I use a Herbie style overflow and on my tanks with only two holes per overflow since there's not much choice there, but I always design for a bean animal when planning a new tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back