Been here 10 months...

vector824

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2017
Messages
334
Reaction score
417
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...and I just realized I never formally introduced myself! (How rude of me)

I got into the hobby last summer when I was given a 75g tank with 30g sump for my birthday (thanks Dad!) I've been in love with saltwater since I was a kid. The ocean is fascinating to me and I love that I have a little slice of it in my house to care for. I'm passionate about reef conservation because of the incredible diversity and its direct correlation with our survival. The more we can do as hobbyist to make reef keeping sustainable the better off our real reefs will be in the long run. My wife and I just had a baby girl and my hope is that she will grow up with a conservation mindset because of my tank.

I have a build thread here that started last August: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vectors-75g-mixed-reef-updated-june-13th.322000/

8H3DXill.jpg


And a sump thread here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lets-see-those-sumps-poll.405082/

sih6XvUt.jpg


I've enjoyed this community very much and am excited to continue to share in this journey with all of you!
 
Welcome to R2R!!
tenor (3).gif
#WelcometoR2R
 
A belated welcome home, I assume you already know you’ll love it here! :D

Nice tank, thanks for sharing!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new