Beginner Corals for newly established 30g

It sounds like I am in a very similar stage as you are and have been doing a lot of research. The light I have is the Red Sea ReefLED 50. I am currently stocking fish and I think the corals will start going in about 3 - 4 months. I have found a lot of good information at www.reeffarm.com. As recommended by many I am going to start with Zoas, Mushrooms, Duncans and GSP. I have also heard Candy Canes are a good beginning coral as well.
Thanks! Let me know how it goes
 
Thanks for the recommendation! As I said, I don't think my current light is good enough for any coral so it'll be a while until I actually get any
hey how did it go, were in february and im curious, kinda in the same position you were before.
 
hey how did it go, were in february and im curious, kinda in the same position you were before.
Sorry I missed this! I ended up selling my lights and going fish only because corals weren't for me, but I had no problem with anything, great recommendations!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new