Beginner RODI question

  • Thread starter Thread starter cst0215
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cst0215

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2026
Messages
57
Reaction score
28
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all . Thanks in advance for any info.

I have a BRS system and it seems to have a flush valve on the drain line, but in all videos I watch they appear to be a 2 line device where the water bypasses the flow restrictor or not depending on the valve position.

Mine (photo attached) looks like a normal restrictor with a valve. Is this a flush kit, or do I need to get rid of this and get a 2 line device described above?

Thank you
IMG_3150.jpeg
 
That is the same setup I have on my RODI system too.

That is a restrictor with built in flush valve. The 550 (size) restrictor is inside.
The valve in the picture is currently in the closed position. When in the closed position, that will force the water through the RO membrane.

if it is opened, it will flush the membrane.
 
except yours seems to be missing a line or fitting compared to mine.

my flush valve has 3 lines connected.
the left end should have 2 lines entering and 1 line exiting on the right. But yours only has 1 entering on the left and 1 exiting on the right.... so I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

My flush valve has a T fitting inserted in the left end and has 2 lines connected to it.
 
Mines like that but now i think i may have modified it.. i need to take a pic for you later this evening
 
Here is a pic of mine that came pre-installed with 2 connectors on the inlet end. I traced the lines and the 2nd line on mine goes to the pressure guage. So not all will be connected with 2 lines like mine.

1000014741.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new