BeltedCoyote’s reboot: the birth of the leviathan

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you own anything ring system? My "leak detection" is one of their sensors thrown under the tank on either side. Alerts the phone if it gets wet, if you don't address the alert within a certain time frame it automatically calls you as well. Little $35 discs. I originally only bought it one and one for the hot water heater pan but then we went tankless so I commandeered that one as well.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you own anything ring system? My "leak detection" is one of their sensors thrown under the tank on either side. Alerts the phone if it gets wet, if you don't address the alert within a certain time frame it automatically calls you as well. Little $35 discs. I originally only bought it one and one for the hot water heater pan but then we went tankless so I commandeered that one as well.

we have a door bell we never set up. Beyond that nothin. But good to know. I’ll probably invest in the same. Between that and the hydros leak detection I think I should be pretty well set

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sponge.

Looks great under blues, doesn't allow algea to grow on it, doesn't overtake corals that I have had mounted to it.
PXL_20211212_204728760.MP.jpg

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sponge.

Looks great under blues, doesn't allow algea to grow on it, doesn't overtake corals that I have had mounted to it.
PXL_20211212_204728760.MP.jpg

I’ve got some. Want more. But I’m with you. Looking at things like zoas as a means to cover rock and outcompete algae

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta say. I’m loving the whole, fist thing I see walking in the house is my little temporary reef.

fish cruising around. Corals doing their thing.

man. Once the 120 is up I’m not going to be able to walk further into the house. Lol

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been doing a lot of thinking about my aquascape.

as a lot of you probably know, I’m really interested in the deep water acros. Due to the LAMP I’m using I actually need to consider having lower areas in the tank specifically for the deep waters, lps, and shrooms I want.

So! I’m thinking my arch thing will be one of the higher points in the over all scape. I’m thinking the other half of the tank will be a lower island sort of deal. Or maybe another nsa-ish structure. KP rock will be islands under the arch and in the middle of the tank.

Goal is to provide hiding spots and breaks in line of site while still allowing room for coral growth.

it should be noted, im not interested in hundreds of frags. I aim to get something like 20, maybe 30 corals and grow them out into colonies. Im about the colonies. So im trying to plan accordingly

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, stocking has been on my mind as well.

I’m not sure I’m going to go with two tangs. Thinking more along the lines of a tomini for the bristle teeth to compliment my foxface with algae duty. I’m definitely going to be leaning towards flasher and fairy wrasse. I mean, why not? Most are fairly small. Very lively, and very colorful. Beyond that I’ll probably have some oddball gobies and cryptic, small fish. I also want a black cap basslet and need a flame hawk for Kellie.

oh. And some sort of pest control. Probably a halichores wrasse.

also snails and things. I really like the inverts as well.

Idk. Just getting really excited the closer and closer I get.

and realizing I’m going to have this tank going for at least 3 years (aiming for 5), idk. Taking the long view has helped with the slow pace of this build. Which is nice

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta say. I’m loving the whole, fist thing I see walking in the house is my little temporary reef.

fish cruising around. Corals doing their thing.

man. Once the 120 is up I’m not going to be able to walk further into the house. Lol
Bro you ain't lying. I love the the first step you take in the front door, you stare at Bubble terrorist end of the tank.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last weekend the trampoline we had gotten my step kid for Christmas last year yeeted itself into our neighbors yard. Somehow didn’t damage their fence or anything else. Took me two months to get that thing set up….just tore it down in half an hour

Kevin Hart Reaction GIF

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last weekend the trampoline we had gotten my step kid for Christmas last year yeeted itself into our neighbors yard. Somehow didn’t damage their fence or anything else. Took me two months to get that thing set up….just tore it down in half an hour

Kevin Hart Reaction GIF
We have also lost a trampoline in the wind. Twice. Different directions. It climbed a 20' concrete wall to get to the upper neighbor. Landed in the pool. That Super Suc ked

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have also lost a trampoline in the wind. Twice. Different directions. It climbed a 20' concrete wall to get to the upper neighbor. Landed in the pool. That Super Suc ked

yeah you win lol. Funnily enough this makes me realize I need more tools.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also wasn't trying to one up. Just partake in the sharing of misery that is trampoline ownership.

i know lol. But yeah. You won the most ridiculous trampoline story. What the duck lol second floor?!

and yeah. Someone should. Heck I feel like someone gave me a good list for power tools. Thinking I also need wrenches and stuff lol

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We never owned one. Though we did acquire one via hurricane gifting one year when I was a kid. Came from a few houses over and back a street. Took them a few days to figure out where it was & lots of word of mouth trying to find it's owners.

Back