BeltedCoyote’s reboot: the birth of the leviathan

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
question ,are you running skimmer ? i forgot.. ;Facepalm :)

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe I have the wind fully back in the sails of my reefing ship.

deciding I’m going to go for a regal and now thinking about what I’ll do to make it work….boy I do love a good ponder and planning.

think I’ll be getting some photosynthetic sponges to grow in the sump and either 53 or 40b so I can throw fresh sponge in for the angel every now and again. Figure that, plus multiple feedings a day, nori being available, and just grazing on rocks….I should be within the realm of keeping and raising a young regal.

realizing I really just want a massive Rubbermaid stick tub Ala @fishguy242 and @Eagle_Steve use. Just have everything plumbed to it and use it to condition new additions to tank life….

not sure I can convince kellie though. Picturing it having some mangroves and rocks.

(I really am a reefer. All I daydream about is what else I want to do so I can sink further down the jawfish burrow and finally morph into our final form: old salt)

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May have to break the rule, and name the regal…Inigo
Because if you know my name, you know why this was quoted at me as I grew up. And best comedy cult classic is best.

I Hate To Kill You The Princess Bride GIF

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

haha yeah I’m not pulling trigger *yet*
I do want to get the regal sooner than later though. Seems like having it be one of the first fish in the 120 would be good since they tend to be more timid

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I’m leaning towards a vendor like TSM for the regal because this fish is a dream for me, and if I’m honest I do not feel I’m skilled enough to say I can get the little fish established and thriving beyond any shadow of a doubt all by myself.

other fish, sure. But yeah. Lol. Of course if an experienced friend wanted to help me out that’s fine too.

incidentally I need to look into auto feeders. Something simple and without too many moving parts should do the trick. (Less points of potential failure)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you know what your doing... ;)
just make sure enough natural food available to graze ,just in case she decides not to eat rt away.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know what your doing... ;)
just make sure enough natural food available to graze ,just in case she decides not to eat rt away.

thats the plan. Speaking of which. I need a mini freezer. Hm..

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
incidentally I need to look into auto feeders. Something simple and without too many moving parts should do the trick. (Less points of potential failure)
I have a "petacc" from Amazon with a Betta feeding ring below it. I removed the suction cup and glued it to extra magnets from old frag racks so I knew they were safe. Works really well, simple set up.

Been eyeing the avast marine one though for awhile.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a "petacc" from Amazon with a Betta feeding ring below it. I removed the suction cup and glued it to extra magnets from old frag racks so I knew they were safe. Works really well, simple set up.

Been eyeing the avast marine one though for awhile.

yeah the avast marine one is…
Approve South Park GIF

don’t know how itd work with the eurobrace on my tank. But I too have been eyeballing it. That and the coralvue one

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah the avast marine one is…
Approve South Park GIF

don’t know how itd work with the eurobrace on my tank. But I too have been eyeballing it. That and the coralvue one
I believe they have an extended bar you can use? Shoot them an email?? When I upgrade I'll be probably using the heavy duty Velcro to affix it on my ats lid. It's the part I don't need to open to fill.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they have an extended bar you can use? Shoot them an email?? When I upgrade I'll be probably using the heavy duty Velcro to affix it on my ats lid. It's the part I don't need to open to fill.

good idea. I think I shall!!

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good idea. I think I shall!!
I already reached out to make sure the bracket was removable for my needs and they responded within a day.

I'll probably order today. Been putting it off for no real good reason.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cropped this so you just see the display to the left, mini nem front and centre and just above and left is some of my black finger sponge, when I get my regal it will be released in here, my hope is that it will settle before it finds the swim through hole to the display. :)

DSC_0010 (1024x633).jpg

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cropped this so you just see the display to the left, mini nem front and centre and just above and left is some of my black finger sponge, when I get my regal it will be released in here, my hope is that it will settle before it finds the swim through hole to the display. :)

DSC_0010 (1024x633).jpg

cant wait to see how it does. And if nothing else hopefully it will use that area as a refuge

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back