BeltedCoyote’s reboot: the birth of the leviathan

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I'm here for encouragement and the occasional TWSS (sorry Lost) when @F i s h y is too busy and drops the ball. Glad to see you giving it another go.
new girl fist bump GIF

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BeltedCoyote
I'm glad you're back, Ethan! Sorry for the reasons you've been gone... I've not had losses that close, so I don't think I can really comprehend what you are going through right now.

Hopefully your tank can get reset and be enjoyable again. I'm glad to see the foxface is still doing fine.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BeltedCoyote
I'm glad you're back, Ethan! Sorry for the reasons you've been gone... I've not had losses that close, so I don't think I can really comprehend what you are going through right now.

Hopefully your tank can get reset and be enjoyable again. I'm glad to see the foxface is still doing fine.

Thanks. It was pretty rough from when she died up until a week or two ago. I mean, it's still rough. But I feel like I'm coming back to myself again. And weirdly in some ways I feel more me than before. Idk. I'm told that's common when you deal with watching a family member decline for a prolonged period of time. ALS is a galactic level Richard.

Funnily enough it's been watching my foxy do his thing that got me interested again. Need to get the big tank set up so he can have a properly sized home.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I feel like I'm coming back to myself again. And weirdly in some ways I feel more me than before. Idk. I'm told that's common when you deal with watching a family member decline for a prolonged period of time.
This is definitely not unusual. There's more than a fair amount of relief that loved ones feel when a family member is free of suffering. Plus, the uncertainty they've been facing for so long has lifted. It sounds like you have a good support system; just take things at your own pace (grieving, reefing, all of it).

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small victory or maybe happy moment.

Was looking in the 53 tonight and notice two of the mini hermits I have still alive and hermiting. Idk. Made me happy.

For all my talk about my plans in this hobby, I literally stopped caring about all of it for a while. Actually contemplated just selling everything. Basically was in such a dark...well maybe not dark...idk. Grey, everything is muted place...things like my passions just didn't do anything for me. Couldn't really bring myself to game even. And my first love is video games. Not like do nothing and game. But that was my escape.

Thanks are due to my better half talking me down from giving up and selling.

Realized I also have been doubting myself way too much over the last few years.

So idk. Rambling post like I was know for. Back in the hobby and excited. Yet feel a little order and a touch more wise.

Oh. Also decided I'm going to ventura back into fresh for the first time since I was 8 or when I was 14 and helped My mom pick out koi for the little pond we tried in the backyard of the home In which I grew up.

Anyway, I've managed to acquire 2 more tanks while being disconnected. So as of now I have the 53. A 40 breeder. A 50g lowboy. The 120 oceanic. A 20g Walmart special. And a little 5g aio.

Thinking I'm going to turn the 5 into a shrimp and solo beta tank. Maybe a few neón tetras. Might even try low tech very basic planted.

Anyway. That's an update I suppose.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small victory or maybe happy moment.

Was looking in the 53 tonight and notice two of the mini hermits I have still alive and hermiting. Idk. Made me happy.

For all my talk about my plans in this hobby, I literally stopped caring about all of it for a while. Actually contemplated just selling everything. Basically was in such a dark...well maybe not dark...idk. Grey, everything is muted place...things like my passions just didn't do anything for me. Couldn't really bring myself to game even. And my first love is video games. Not like do nothing and game. But that was my escape.

Thanks are due to my better half talking me down from giving up and selling.

Realized I also have been doubting myself way too much over the last few years.

So idk. Rambling post like I was know for. Back in the hobby and excited. Yet feel a little order and a touch more wise.

Oh. Also decided I'm going to ventura back into fresh for the first time since I was 8 or when I was 14 and helped My mom pick out koi for the little pond we tried in the backyard of the home In which I grew up.

Anyway, I've managed to acquire 2 more tanks while being disconnected. So as of now I have the 53. A 40 breeder. A 50g lowboy. The 120 oceanic. A 20g Walmart special. And a little 5g aio.

Thinking I'm going to turn the 5 into a shrimp and solo beta tank. Maybe a few neón tetras. Might even try low tech very basic planted.

Anyway. That's an update I suppose.
Glad to have you back to (normal?) and back on R2R, Ethan!
Keep up with the planning, just don't let Multiple Tank Syndrome rule your entire life!

I also love observing the little things (in saltwater tanks especially) similar to your observation of the hermit crabs.
That "Grey" place is something familiar to me, but probably too deep for me to open up discussion on a public forum...

The freshwater 5g plan sounds great! Hopefully it provides the boost to really get you back on track with the tanks!

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to have you back to (normal?) and back on R2R, Ethan!
Keep up with the planning, just don't let Multiple Tank Syndrome rule your entire life!

I also love observing the little things (in saltwater tanks especially) similar to your observation of the hermit crabs.
That "Grey" place is something familiar to me, but probably too deep for me to open up discussion on a public forum...

The freshwater 5g plan sounds great! Hopefully it provides the boost to really get you back on track with the tanks!

As the professor for the most disappointing course I ever took said "normal is naught but the tyranny of the average"..yeah. maybe normal isn't the best term. Rather. I feel closer to returning to the original equilibrium I had as a lad.

Also, if you ever want to discuss the Grey, know you have a friendly ear here on my end.

The fw will probably be something I do when funds allow. If I'm honest it'll be a random impulse set up in the coming weeks. That said I have literally no idea what I'd be doing so I need to research first. So that's a decent slow down lol

(Also the course in question was supposed to be "intro to Asian philosophies" but ended up being the prof telling tales of dropping acid in southeast Asia in the 60s rofl)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Also the course in question was supposed to be "intro to Asian philosophies" but ended up being the prof telling tales of dropping acid in southeast Asia in the 60s rofl)
If I'm holding the truth stick, I'd be a lot more interested in tales of LSD in Saigon than Asian philosophies...

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if you ever want to discuss the Grey, know you have a friendly ear here on my end.

Maybe we need the mods to create a "support" forum...

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught my foxface finally acting like a foxface and eating tank algae. So that's kinda cool. I mean, he's stuck in the running because he's one of the three fish I've had since I decided to get into this hobby, what? Three years ago. Miss my puffer but you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, as we tell the children in these parts. .

Hoping to make a trip next week to the good lfs. I have about 7 noticeable aiptaisia in the 53. I'd like to get rid of them. I also am of the opinion the aiptaisia you are aware of in your system is better than an unknown. So idk. I'm not under the delusion that ill be able to completely eradicate them in the frag system or the 120. But. I'd like to clear my best rock.

A certain @F i s h y told me said lfs has the good peppermint. If they don't work I suppose it's a good excuse to get a filefish. We'll see what happens

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught my foxface finally acting like a foxface and eating tank algae. So that's kinda cool. I mean, he's stuck in the running because he's one of the three fish I've had since I decided to get into this hobby, what? Three years ago. Miss my puffer but you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, as we tell the children in these parts. .

Hoping to make a trip next week to the good lfs. I have about 7 noticeable aiptaisia in the 53. I'd like to get rid of them. I also am of the opinion the aiptaisia you are aware of in your system is better than an unknown. So idk. I'm not under the delusion that ill be able to completely eradicate them in the frag system or the 120. But. I'd like to clear my best rock.

A certain @F i s h y told me said lfs has the good peppermint. If they don't work I suppose it's a good excuse to get a filefish. We'll see what happens
I need to make an lfs run for food...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 58 54.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back